- National Orders honour for rowing’s ‘Oarsome Foursome’
- Fireballs douse Flames’ challenge in Brutal encounter
- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
SA Under-23 side jet off for All Africa Games qualifier
- Updated: March 19, 2015
The national men’s Under-23 football team leave for Khartoum on Thursday afternoon ahead of their All-Africa Games, first leg qualifier against Sudan on Sunday.
Coach Owen Da Gama took the the team through their paces earlier in the day ahead of the trip.
All 23 players have finally reported for camp and the coach said he was excited about the prospects of this team doing well on the continent.
‘The team is a good mixture of youth and experience and five of the U20s that participated in the 2015 CAF U20 African Youth Championships have been roped into the squad.
‘Otherwise we have generally kept the bulk of the squad that travelled to Palestine. We have done our homework on the Sudanese type of play, strengths and weaknesses and I believe we can go to Sudan and come back with a positive result,’ said Da Gama.
Goalkeepers: Shandukane Mulobedzi, Lebogang Ngubeni, Thakasani, Mbanjwa
Central defenders: Sifiso Victor Nkosi, Lornezo Gordinho, Kwanda Mngonyama, Zitha Macheke
Backs: Modjeka Modisha Junior Siyabonga Sibande, Mbongeni Gumede, Tebogo Moerane
Central midfielders: Bongane Mathabela, Paseka Sekese, Stanley Makgoba
Wings: Maphosa Aubrey Modiba, Andisiwe Isaac Mtsila, Khayelihle Shozi, Abednigo Keoikantse Mosiatlhago
Strikers: Sibusiso Mahlangu, Mohamed Patel, Tyrone Sandews, Percy Tau, Menzi Alson Masuku