- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
Pauw makes changes for All Africa Games qualifer
- Updated: March 14, 2015
Banyana Banyana head coach Vera Pauw has announced a squad of 18 players that will travel to Botswana for an All Africa Games qualifier next Friday.
Pauw has retained the bulk of the team that returned from the Cyprus Women’s Cup on Friday after having ended 10th.
Of the 23 that travelled to Europe, five have been released from camp.
There are two additions to the remaining 16 – Durban Ladies defender Zama Cele and USA-based Kaylin Swart to bring the Botswana-bound squad to 18 players.
The players who will not be part of the next camp are Disebo Mametja (University of Johannesburg), Tshepiso Olga Mokabane (FC Union Nove Zamky, Slovakia), Mputle Tshetsana, (Titans Ladies, North West), Rhoda Mulaudzi (Mamelodi Sundowns FC), Kelso Peskin (Tyler Junior College, USA – exams), Mamello Makhabane Palace Super Falcons, Johannesburg – ankle injury) and Andile Dlamini (Mamelodi Sundowns FC – knee injury).
The team goes into camp on Monda and is expected to travel to Botswana on Wednesday.
They will return to South Africa on Saturday, 21 March.
The second leg will be played on the weekend of 10, 11 and 12 April.
The full squad
Goalkeepers: Roxanne Barker, Kaylin Swart
Defenders: Nothando Vilakazi, Janine van Wyk, Noko Matlou, Zama Cele, Lerato Kgasago, Lebogang Ramalepe
Midfielders: Amanda Dlamini, Leandra Smeda, Alocia Thoboka, Refiloe Jane, Nompumelelo Nyandeni, Slindile Ngubane
Strikers: Shiwe Nognwanya, Jermaine Seoposenwe, Portia Modise, Sanah Mollo