- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
- Track stars shine as riders pay respect to the late Zaki
- Scorching weather shortens Cape Epic stage but the racing’s still hot
- Sullwald, Fischer seal national elite titles in Aldam
SA wheelchair tennis aces down Morocco
- Updated: February 28, 2015
South Africa enjoyed yet another good day at the BNP Paribas World Team Cup Tennis African qualifiers against Morocco at the Nairobi Club, Kenya on Friday.
Morocco had made a good start to their campaign on Thursday as they also took the tie 3-0 against Mauritius.
In the women’s event South Africa beat Morocco 2-1.
Mariska Venter, one of the highest ranked players in the event (44th globally) outplayed El Houary Azhoyr of Morocco with a quick victory, 6-2 6-1.
In another women’s match, South Africa’s Thando Hlatshwayo defeated Malika Khelifi of Morocco 7-5 6-4 to give her team a second win.
South Africa secured a 2-1 win after Mariska Venter and Thando Hlatshwayo lost their doubles match 6-7 4-6 to Morocco.