- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
SA wheelchair tennis aces down Morocco
- Updated: February 28, 2015
South Africa enjoyed yet another good day at the BNP Paribas World Team Cup Tennis African qualifiers against Morocco at the Nairobi Club, Kenya on Friday.
Morocco had made a good start to their campaign on Thursday as they also took the tie 3-0 against Mauritius.
In the women’s event South Africa beat Morocco 2-1.
Mariska Venter, one of the highest ranked players in the event (44th globally) outplayed El Houary Azhoyr of Morocco with a quick victory, 6-2 6-1.
In another women’s match, South Africa’s Thando Hlatshwayo defeated Malika Khelifi of Morocco 7-5 6-4 to give her team a second win.
South Africa secured a 2-1 win after Mariska Venter and Thando Hlatshwayo lost their doubles match 6-7 4-6 to Morocco.