- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
SA wheelchair tennis aces down Morocco
- Updated: February 28, 2015
South Africa enjoyed yet another good day at the BNP Paribas World Team Cup Tennis African qualifiers against Morocco at the Nairobi Club, Kenya on Friday.
Morocco had made a good start to their campaign on Thursday as they also took the tie 3-0 against Mauritius.
In the women’s event South Africa beat Morocco 2-1.
Mariska Venter, one of the highest ranked players in the event (44th globally) outplayed El Houary Azhoyr of Morocco with a quick victory, 6-2 6-1.
In another women’s match, South Africa’s Thando Hlatshwayo defeated Malika Khelifi of Morocco 7-5 6-4 to give her team a second win.
South Africa secured a 2-1 win after Mariska Venter and Thando Hlatshwayo lost their doubles match 6-7 4-6 to Morocco.