- Hartley’s Dusi build-up gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
SA wheelchair tennis aces down Morocco
- Updated: February 28, 2015
South Africa enjoyed yet another good day at the BNP Paribas World Team Cup Tennis African qualifiers against Morocco at the Nairobi Club, Kenya on Friday.
Morocco had made a good start to their campaign on Thursday as they also took the tie 3-0 against Mauritius.
In the women’s event South Africa beat Morocco 2-1.
Mariska Venter, one of the highest ranked players in the event (44th globally) outplayed El Houary Azhoyr of Morocco with a quick victory, 6-2 6-1.
In another women’s match, South Africa’s Thando Hlatshwayo defeated Malika Khelifi of Morocco 7-5 6-4 to give her team a second win.
South Africa secured a 2-1 win after Mariska Venter and Thando Hlatshwayo lost their doubles match 6-7 4-6 to Morocco.