- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
SA wheelchair tennis aces down Morocco
- Updated: February 28, 2015
South Africa enjoyed yet another good day at the BNP Paribas World Team Cup Tennis African qualifiers against Morocco at the Nairobi Club, Kenya on Friday.
Morocco had made a good start to their campaign on Thursday as they also took the tie 3-0 against Mauritius.
In the women’s event South Africa beat Morocco 2-1.
Mariska Venter, one of the highest ranked players in the event (44th globally) outplayed El Houary Azhoyr of Morocco with a quick victory, 6-2 6-1.
In another women’s match, South Africa’s Thando Hlatshwayo defeated Malika Khelifi of Morocco 7-5 6-4 to give her team a second win.
South Africa secured a 2-1 win after Mariska Venter and Thando Hlatshwayo lost their doubles match 6-7 4-6 to Morocco.