- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
SASCOC extend well wishes to sport stars
- Updated: February 27, 2015
SASCOC are saddened by the news that a trio of South African sports stars are suffering from a variety of medical ailments and extend their best wishes that they will make a speedy recovery.
Former Bafana Bafana defender and captain of the 1996 AFCON-winning national soccer team, Neil Tovey, has been hospitalised after suffering three heart attacks during the week, while John ‘Shoes’ Moshoeu, former Bafana Bafana and Kaizer Chiefs midfielder is also reported to be battling with illness and has been hospitalised for the last three weeks. In a third case, former Proteas cricketer all-rounder Clive Rice collapsed at his home as a result of a brain tumour and is expected to undergo surgery in India shortly.
Says SASCOC CEO, Tubby Reddy: “We are saddened at the news of the illnesses of these great sports heroes.”
“SASCOC wishes you all a speedy recovery and may you return to full health soon,” Reddy added.