- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
Commonwealth Games Bid Media Alert
- Updated: February 25, 2015
On 2 March 2015, The City of Durban’s Commonwealth Bid Committee will officially launch its bid to the Executive Committee of the Commonwealth Games Federation in London.
The 20 minute presentation, which will be addressed by the Minister of Sports and Recreation, Mr Fikile Mbalula, the Mayor of the City of Durban, Cllr James Nxumalo, Chairperson of the Bid Committee, Mark Alexander and the CEO of the Bid Committee, Tubby Reddy, will present Durban’s vision and plans for hosting the Games in 2022. The presentation will be followed by a media event at the headquarters of the CGF.
2022 Bid Lodgement Ceremony
Date: 2 March 2015
Venue: Mansion House, London
Media event: 12.45-1.30pm
Media in South African will have an opportunity to interview (via mobile phone) the delegation at the end of the media event in London. South African media that are present in London are invited to the Bid ceremony.
To schedule an interview please call: Faizal Dawjee