- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
Commonwealth Games Bid Media Alert
- Updated: February 25, 2015
On 2 March 2015, The City of Durban’s Commonwealth Bid Committee will officially launch its bid to the Executive Committee of the Commonwealth Games Federation in London.
The 20 minute presentation, which will be addressed by the Minister of Sports and Recreation, Mr Fikile Mbalula, the Mayor of the City of Durban, Cllr James Nxumalo, Chairperson of the Bid Committee, Mark Alexander and the CEO of the Bid Committee, Tubby Reddy, will present Durban’s vision and plans for hosting the Games in 2022. The presentation will be followed by a media event at the headquarters of the CGF.
2022 Bid Lodgement Ceremony
Date: 2 March 2015
Venue: Mansion House, London
Media event: 12.45-1.30pm
Media in South African will have an opportunity to interview (via mobile phone) the delegation at the end of the media event in London. South African media that are present in London are invited to the Bid ceremony.
To schedule an interview please call: Faizal Dawjee