- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
Rhythmic ace Grace in Russian anniversary show
- Updated: February 14, 2015
Top South African gymnast Grace Legote is currently Russia for a prestigious invitation-only event.
She was specially invited by the All-Russian Rhythmic Gymnastics Federation to take part in a show which will celebrate the 80th anniversary of Rhythmic Gymnastics.
Activities takes place on Sunday at the Maryinsky Theatre of St. Petersburg in Russia.
Young Legote will perform with international gymnasts from Greece, Korea, Italy, USA, Spain, Japan, Georgia, Israel, Italy, and Russia and she performs a 48-second individual ‘Ribbon’ item to the classical soundtrack of ‘Bolero’ by Ravel, with fellow gymnasts performing the remainder of the sound track.
When asked how she feels to be performing at this prestigious event, Grace said: ‘It’s lovely, it’s really an honour to take part in the 80th Rhythmic gymnastics ceremony. I’m the only gymnast from Africa so it’s truly an honour.’
Grace will remain in Russia to compete at the Russian Rhythmic Grand Prix the following weekend – her first international competition for the year.