- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
Olympic swimmers to line up for Cape Mile
- Updated: February 2, 2015
Olympian and Commonwealth Games swimmer Myles Brown will be among a host of top South African swimmers at the Sanlam Cape Mile on 14 February.
The first swimming of this event will take place at the picturesque Eikenhof Dam near Grabouw.
Athletes taking part in the XTERRA SA Championships a week later will be offered half price entry fee (R80) should they wish to swim the Sanlam Cape Mile.
‘Swimming is a great way to get rid of excess energy,’ says Brown. ‘It’s a great form of exercise and will keep your body, mind and soul healthy. A very important tip to newcomers would be to always try to have fun and enjoy the sport. There will be plenty of ups and downs. It’s vital that you still enjoy it.
‘My race day advice would be to stay relaxed and stick to your game plan,’ continued Brown. ‘Listen to what your coach says and trust in the hard work that you put in during training. I really enjoy Cape Town and can’t wait to see how everything goes on the day. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with Danie Marais and Chad Ho [fellow Olympic swimmer]’.
Picture: Volume Photography