- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
Update from Olympic House
- Updated: January 16, 2015
Warmest greetings of the season and the best of wishes for 2015.
Here’s hoping everyone experienced restful and happy holidays and welcome back yet to another sporting year where, as the macro sports body, SASCOC continues to take South African sport to the next level and strives to match global standards.
At SASCOC we have kick-started the year in eager fashion and have already commenced preparations for the various sport events happening this year. Highlights this year are the Africa Games in Brazzaville, Congo and the Commonwealth Youth Games in Apia, Samoa. In addition, we are also working towards preparing our teams for the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Though we may be delivering teams to fewer games than last year when we oversaw no less than four multicoded events, it is still a busy year for us with other International Olympic Committee (IOC) projects and annual sports events, but with the dedication of all our SASCOC staff, we are guaranteed of delivering all events successfully.
Wishing you all the best of sporting success for 2015.