- Stings down champs as Jaguars post Brutal record
- Bogey-free Bekker builds four-stroke lead in Lusaka
- National Orders honour for rowing’s ‘Oarsome Foursome’
- Fireballs douse Flames’ challenge in Brutal encounter
- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
Sickness setback for Montjane Down Under
- Updated: January 15, 2015
Paralympican Kgothatso Montjane is having a roller coaster of a year to date, writes Mark Etheridge.
Fresh from the high of claiming the Queensland Open wheelchair tennis title in Brisbane last week, Montjane finds herself somewhat ‘down and out’ Down Under.
She told Road to Rio 2016 on Thursday. ‘It’s a very exciting start for year for me, I’m happy to have started the year like this – it will really boost my confidence…my game is getting better and better and also hoping to improve even more.’
But her second tournament of the year has seen her knocked out in the quarter-final stage of the Sydney International.
She went down 6-5 6-4 to world No2 Aniek van Koot of the Netherlands.
‘I’ve got a bout of flu so didn’t really play my best tennis because I’m sick,’ she said. ‘So now I’m going to rest and focus on doing well next week in Melbourne. I’m just going to take it one tournament at a time and hoping to really do well and have good results this year.’