- Dusi seedings up for grabs at Umpetha Challenge
- Honoured Prinsloo looks to make even bigger strides
- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
Amajimbos take on Diski team as preparation for African Championships
- Updated: January 15, 2015
Just over four weeks until the South African Under-17 men’s soccer side, the Amajimbos play their opening match of the 2015 CAF African Junior Championships in Niger, the squad has stepped up preparations for the tournament.
On Saturday coach Molefi Ntseki’s charges will play against Bloemfontein Celtics’ Multichoice Diski Challenge team, in a friendly match at Kaizer Sebothelo Stadium in Botshabelo, Free State (1pm).
Six of Amajimbos squad members – namely captain Nelson Maluleke, Katlego Mohamme, Mondli Mpoto, Khanyisa Mayo (SuperSport United Academy) Notho Ngcobo (Mamelodi Sundowns Academy) and Katlego Mtwisha (Orlando Pirates Academy) all play in the Multichoice Diski Challenge tournament.
The friendly comes a week after Amajimbos held Zambia to a credible 1-1 draw in Lusaka’s Nkoloma Stadium.
‘We are looking forward to this friendly as we want to build on from where we left off in the match against Zambia. Our preparations are well on track and we will give it our all this coming weekend,’ said captain Maluleke.
The friendly against Bloemfontein Celtics will complete the second phase of preparations before players congregate for the final camp on 1 February before travelling to Senegal three days later or the final stage of preparations.
The CAF African Junior championships kick off on 14 February in the Niger capital of Niamey.