- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
Amajimbos take on Diski team as preparation for African Championships
- Updated: January 15, 2015
Just over four weeks until the South African Under-17 men’s soccer side, the Amajimbos play their opening match of the 2015 CAF African Junior Championships in Niger, the squad has stepped up preparations for the tournament.
On Saturday coach Molefi Ntseki’s charges will play against Bloemfontein Celtics’ Multichoice Diski Challenge team, in a friendly match at Kaizer Sebothelo Stadium in Botshabelo, Free State (1pm).
Six of Amajimbos squad members – namely captain Nelson Maluleke, Katlego Mohamme, Mondli Mpoto, Khanyisa Mayo (SuperSport United Academy) Notho Ngcobo (Mamelodi Sundowns Academy) and Katlego Mtwisha (Orlando Pirates Academy) all play in the Multichoice Diski Challenge tournament.
The friendly comes a week after Amajimbos held Zambia to a credible 1-1 draw in Lusaka’s Nkoloma Stadium.
‘We are looking forward to this friendly as we want to build on from where we left off in the match against Zambia. Our preparations are well on track and we will give it our all this coming weekend,’ said captain Maluleke.
The friendly against Bloemfontein Celtics will complete the second phase of preparations before players congregate for the final camp on 1 February before travelling to Senegal three days later or the final stage of preparations.
The CAF African Junior championships kick off on 14 February in the Niger capital of Niamey.