- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
Johnson and Verdi end 2014 on a high note
- Updated: December 19, 2014
Three-time Paralympian Philippa Johnson has wrapped up her competition year with some encouraging performances atop Verdi in Europe, writes Mark Etheridge.
Johnson and Verdi took part in an able-bodied competition in Belgium, the CDI3* Roosendaal event.
‘Again Verdi did me proud,’ Johnson told Road to Rio 2016 this week.
‘The first day was the Prix St George, where there were 37 horses in the class. We did a good test with one very big mistake in the first canter pirouette and finished 25th with 65.10%. Although it was disappointing not to make the top 15 cut for the kur I was very pleased as my first goal was to get a higher score than at our last competition in Zandhoven which we did!!
‘We went through to ride the Int 1 with the other 22 horses that didn’t make it into the kur. Verdi again proved why he is my ‘go-to guy’ and did a fantastic test which placed us 8th with 66.68%
‘A super way to wrap up the year.’