- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
Swimmers storm their way to more medals for Team SA
- Updated: December 12, 2014
Day two of the swimming competition at the African Union Region 5 Games in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe on Thursday saw South African athletes display a great performance just as they did the previous day, writes Jessica Choga.
That was despite the inclement and stormy weather at the outdoor swimming arena – the Bulawayo City Pool.
The rain did not impede Team SA’s swimming’ performance. Like Wednesday, they continued to rise and sing the national anthem as the athletes scooped most of the gold medals.
Team Manager of the swimming team, Bianca Marais commented, ‘Today we obtained great results from Team SA in some challenging weather. It was an awesome team spirit from all swimmers and well done to them.
‘We obtained a total of 12 medals tonight, six gold, four silver and two bronze. Amongst that were four championship records.’
In the picture gold medallist Natasha van der Walt and silver medallist Jamie-Lee Reynolds at the medal ceremony.