- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
Swimmers storm their way to more medals for Team SA
- Updated: December 12, 2014
Day two of the swimming competition at the African Union Region 5 Games in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe on Thursday saw South African athletes display a great performance just as they did the previous day, writes Jessica Choga.
That was despite the inclement and stormy weather at the outdoor swimming arena – the Bulawayo City Pool.
The rain did not impede Team SA’s swimming’ performance. Like Wednesday, they continued to rise and sing the national anthem as the athletes scooped most of the gold medals.
Team Manager of the swimming team, Bianca Marais commented, ‘Today we obtained great results from Team SA in some challenging weather. It was an awesome team spirit from all swimmers and well done to them.
‘We obtained a total of 12 medals tonight, six gold, four silver and two bronze. Amongst that were four championship records.’
In the picture gold medallist Natasha van der Walt and silver medallist Jamie-Lee Reynolds at the medal ceremony.