- Championship Records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
Swimmers storm their way to more medals for Team SA
- Updated: December 12, 2014
Day two of the swimming competition at the African Union Region 5 Games in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe on Thursday saw South African athletes display a great performance just as they did the previous day, writes Jessica Choga.
That was despite the inclement and stormy weather at the outdoor swimming arena – the Bulawayo City Pool.
The rain did not impede Team SA’s swimming’ performance. Like Wednesday, they continued to rise and sing the national anthem as the athletes scooped most of the gold medals.
Team Manager of the swimming team, Bianca Marais commented, ‘Today we obtained great results from Team SA in some challenging weather. It was an awesome team spirit from all swimmers and well done to them.
‘We obtained a total of 12 medals tonight, six gold, four silver and two bronze. Amongst that were four championship records.’
In the picture gold medallist Natasha van der Walt and silver medallist Jamie-Lee Reynolds at the medal ceremony.