- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
- First IGT Tour win for Arnoldi at Centurion
- SA wheelchair tennis rocked by tragedy
- Ace SA duo in series triumph Down Under
- Montjane ends season on a double high
Swimmers storm their way to more medals for Team SA
- Updated: December 12, 2014
Day two of the swimming competition at the African Union Region 5 Games in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe on Thursday saw South African athletes display a great performance just as they did the previous day, writes Jessica Choga.
That was despite the inclement and stormy weather at the outdoor swimming arena – the Bulawayo City Pool.
The rain did not impede Team SA’s swimming’ performance. Like Wednesday, they continued to rise and sing the national anthem as the athletes scooped most of the gold medals.
Team Manager of the swimming team, Bianca Marais commented, ‘Today we obtained great results from Team SA in some challenging weather. It was an awesome team spirit from all swimmers and well done to them.
‘We obtained a total of 12 medals tonight, six gold, four silver and two bronze. Amongst that were four championship records.’
In the picture gold medallist Natasha van der Walt and silver medallist Jamie-Lee Reynolds at the medal ceremony.