- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
Blitzboks unbeaten after day one in Dubai
- Updated: December 6, 2014
The Springbok Sevens team beat Wales 12-5 in their final pool match on the first day of the Dubai Sevens on Friday.
The Blitzbokke trailed early on, but rebounded with tries from Werner Kok and Kwagga Smith. Wales attacked ferociously inside the South African 22m area late in the game, but were unable to force their way through.
South Africa topped Pool D following their unbeaten opening day.
In their earlier games on Friday, the Blitzbokke beat Portugal 36-0 and Canada 24-12.
The South Africans will be eager to improve in this weekend’s event after a slow start to their Sevens World Series campaign at Australia’s Gold Coast in October, when they finished fourth after losing the third place playoff game 19-0 to England.
Tries: Werner Kok, Kwagga Smith
Conversion: Branco du Preez