- Klaasen bags a fourth ATP World Tour doubles title in the US
- Strauss hoping title defence will spark return to form
- Defending champ Venter makes his SA senior team debut
- Singh shoots Amajita to victory against Cameroon
- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
Blitzboks unbeaten after day one in Dubai
- Updated: December 6, 2014
The Springbok Sevens team beat Wales 12-5 in their final pool match on the first day of the Dubai Sevens on Friday.
The Blitzbokke trailed early on, but rebounded with tries from Werner Kok and Kwagga Smith. Wales attacked ferociously inside the South African 22m area late in the game, but were unable to force their way through.
South Africa topped Pool D following their unbeaten opening day.
In their earlier games on Friday, the Blitzbokke beat Portugal 36-0 and Canada 24-12.
The South Africans will be eager to improve in this weekend’s event after a slow start to their Sevens World Series campaign at Australia’s Gold Coast in October, when they finished fourth after losing the third place playoff game 19-0 to England.
Tries: Werner Kok, Kwagga Smith
Conversion: Branco du Preez