- National Orders honour for rowing’s ‘Oarsome Foursome’
- Fireballs douse Flames’ challenge in Brutal encounter
- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
Blitzboks unbeaten after day one in Dubai
- Updated: December 6, 2014
The Springbok Sevens team beat Wales 12-5 in their final pool match on the first day of the Dubai Sevens on Friday.
The Blitzbokke trailed early on, but rebounded with tries from Werner Kok and Kwagga Smith. Wales attacked ferociously inside the South African 22m area late in the game, but were unable to force their way through.
South Africa topped Pool D following their unbeaten opening day.
In their earlier games on Friday, the Blitzbokke beat Portugal 36-0 and Canada 24-12.
The South Africans will be eager to improve in this weekend’s event after a slow start to their Sevens World Series campaign at Australia’s Gold Coast in October, when they finished fourth after losing the third place playoff game 19-0 to England.
Tries: Werner Kok, Kwagga Smith
Conversion: Branco du Preez