- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
Blitzboks unbeaten after day one in Dubai
- Updated: December 6, 2014
The Springbok Sevens team beat Wales 12-5 in their final pool match on the first day of the Dubai Sevens on Friday.
The Blitzbokke trailed early on, but rebounded with tries from Werner Kok and Kwagga Smith. Wales attacked ferociously inside the South African 22m area late in the game, but were unable to force their way through.
South Africa topped Pool D following their unbeaten opening day.
In their earlier games on Friday, the Blitzbokke beat Portugal 36-0 and Canada 24-12.
The South Africans will be eager to improve in this weekend’s event after a slow start to their Sevens World Series campaign at Australia’s Gold Coast in October, when they finished fourth after losing the third place playoff game 19-0 to England.
Tries: Werner Kok, Kwagga Smith
Conversion: Branco du Preez