- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
Blitzboks unbeaten after day one in Dubai
- Updated: December 6, 2014
The Springbok Sevens team beat Wales 12-5 in their final pool match on the first day of the Dubai Sevens on Friday.
The Blitzbokke trailed early on, but rebounded with tries from Werner Kok and Kwagga Smith. Wales attacked ferociously inside the South African 22m area late in the game, but were unable to force their way through.
South Africa topped Pool D following their unbeaten opening day.
In their earlier games on Friday, the Blitzbokke beat Portugal 36-0 and Canada 24-12.
The South Africans will be eager to improve in this weekend’s event after a slow start to their Sevens World Series campaign at Australia’s Gold Coast in October, when they finished fourth after losing the third place playoff game 19-0 to England.
Tries: Werner Kok, Kwagga Smith
Conversion: Branco du Preez