- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
Trio of SA Sevens sides in Dubai action
- Updated: December 5, 2014
Three South African Sevens representative teams will be in action over the next three days in a festival of international Sevens rugby action in Dubai.
The Blitzboks take to the field on Friday morning in Round 2 of the HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series, hoping to improve on their fourth place in Round 1 at the Gold Coast in October. Their pool opponents are Portugal, Canada and Wales.
The SA Sevens Academy side warmed up for their participation at the Dubai Invitational event with a convincing Cup win last week in Harare. Their group opponents are Georgia, Poland and The Royals.
The Springbok Women’s Sevens are also in Dubai competing in the Women’s Sevens World Series, which concludes on Friday. The team suffered defeats against Australia and France and secured a 17-17 draw against Spain earlier on Thursday.