- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
Trio of SA Sevens sides in Dubai action
- Updated: December 5, 2014
Three South African Sevens representative teams will be in action over the next three days in a festival of international Sevens rugby action in Dubai.
The Blitzboks take to the field on Friday morning in Round 2 of the HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series, hoping to improve on their fourth place in Round 1 at the Gold Coast in October. Their pool opponents are Portugal, Canada and Wales.
The SA Sevens Academy side warmed up for their participation at the Dubai Invitational event with a convincing Cup win last week in Harare. Their group opponents are Georgia, Poland and The Royals.
The Springbok Women’s Sevens are also in Dubai competing in the Women’s Sevens World Series, which concludes on Friday. The team suffered defeats against Australia and France and secured a 17-17 draw against Spain earlier on Thursday.