- Hartley’s Dusi build-up gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
Trio of SA Sevens sides in Dubai action
- Updated: December 5, 2014
Three South African Sevens representative teams will be in action over the next three days in a festival of international Sevens rugby action in Dubai.
The Blitzboks take to the field on Friday morning in Round 2 of the HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series, hoping to improve on their fourth place in Round 1 at the Gold Coast in October. Their pool opponents are Portugal, Canada and Wales.
The SA Sevens Academy side warmed up for their participation at the Dubai Invitational event with a convincing Cup win last week in Harare. Their group opponents are Georgia, Poland and The Royals.
The Springbok Women’s Sevens are also in Dubai competing in the Women’s Sevens World Series, which concludes on Friday. The team suffered defeats against Australia and France and secured a 17-17 draw against Spain earlier on Thursday.