- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
Key national MTB dates for 2015 season announced
- Updated: November 20, 2014
The country’s mountain bikers can get their calendars out after Cycling South African announced the dates and venues for next year’s competitions.
The SA Cup Series kicks off in Cape Town on 21 February and continues through to 28 June when it wraps up at the Cascades venue. The Cup competition consists of the Downhill and Cross-Country disciplines.
The XCO races feature a UCI category 1 rating for the Elite Men and Elite Women categories.
Juniors will also be able to earn UCI points in the XCO rounds 2, 3 and 4 as part of UCI Junior World Series. With the Junior categories taken out of the UCI MTB World Cups, Juniors will again participate in their own world series to garner valuable UCI points.
The national MTB Marathon Championships will be hosted by Van Gaalen in the North West Province on 6 June.
And the weekend of 18-19 July sees the national mountain bike championships (MTB and DHI) being fought out in Cape town.