- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
Watch this video to learn about the Unite4Mandela Challenge
- Updated: November 19, 2014
The 2014 Unite4Mandela 2.0 campaign, an initiative of the Department of Sport & Recreation South Africa and the Department of Arts and Culture will be held in Pretoria on Saturday, 22 November.
The event will include athletics (road running and walking) and cycling. The two sporting codes are amongst the codes with the largest number of professional and recreational participants.
South Africans are urged to unite for the Nelson Mandela Sports and Culture Day, and both amateur and professional athletes from around South Africa will compete in a number of different events in remembrance of Mandela.
The day will have huge prize money, with over R2m in prizes scheduled to be handed out.
Click on the link below to hear more about the Challenge.