- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
Watch this video to learn about the Unite4Mandela Challenge
- Updated: November 19, 2014
The 2014 Unite4Mandela 2.0 campaign, an initiative of the Department of Sport & Recreation South Africa and the Department of Arts and Culture will be held in Pretoria on Saturday, 22 November.
The event will include athletics (road running and walking) and cycling. The two sporting codes are amongst the codes with the largest number of professional and recreational participants.
South Africans are urged to unite for the Nelson Mandela Sports and Culture Day, and both amateur and professional athletes from around South Africa will compete in a number of different events in remembrance of Mandela.
The day will have huge prize money, with over R2m in prizes scheduled to be handed out.
Click on the link below to hear more about the Challenge.