- Banyana replacements named for France friendly
- Local caddie bags big bonus after Storm’s win
- Storm stays calm as he holds off McIlroy to win SA Open
- Productive camp for Banyana ahead of French clash
- Storm hits last round of SA Open with three-stroke lead
- SA athletics already have Tokyo 2020 on their mind
- Storm leads suspended Open as McIlroy suffers setback
- Western Cape gears up for national championships
- Horne and Fisher upstage world No2 at SA Open
- Selepe set to make history at Davis Cup tie
Rudisha wins top Olympic award
- Updated: November 8, 2014
Kenyan 800-metre champion David Rudisha has won the inaugural award from the Association of National Olympic Committees as the best male athlete at the most recent Summer Olympics.
Rudisha won the 800m at the 2012 London Games in a world record time of 1:40min 91sec.
The award for the top female athlete in London went to Chinese table tennis player Li Xiaoxia, who won the singles gold medal.
The top male athlete from the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi was Norwegian biathlete Ole Einar Bjorndalen, who won two gold medals to take his career tally to eight.
The top female athlete from Sochi was Dutch speedskater Ireen Wust, who won two gold medals and three silver.