- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Rudisha wins top Olympic award
- Updated: November 8, 2014
Kenyan 800-metre champion David Rudisha has won the inaugural award from the Association of National Olympic Committees as the best male athlete at the most recent Summer Olympics.
Rudisha won the 800m at the 2012 London Games in a world record time of 1:40min 91sec.
The award for the top female athlete in London went to Chinese table tennis player Li Xiaoxia, who won the singles gold medal.
The top male athlete from the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi was Norwegian biathlete Ole Einar Bjorndalen, who won two gold medals to take his career tally to eight.
The top female athlete from Sochi was Dutch speedskater Ireen Wust, who won two gold medals and three silver.