- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
Rudisha wins top Olympic award
- Updated: November 8, 2014
Kenyan 800-metre champion David Rudisha has won the inaugural award from the Association of National Olympic Committees as the best male athlete at the most recent Summer Olympics.
Rudisha won the 800m at the 2012 London Games in a world record time of 1:40min 91sec.
The award for the top female athlete in London went to Chinese table tennis player Li Xiaoxia, who won the singles gold medal.
The top male athlete from the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi was Norwegian biathlete Ole Einar Bjorndalen, who won two gold medals to take his career tally to eight.
The top female athlete from Sochi was Dutch speedskater Ireen Wust, who won two gold medals and three silver.