- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
- First IGT Tour win for Arnoldi at Centurion
Rudisha wins top Olympic award
- Updated: November 8, 2014
Kenyan 800-metre champion David Rudisha has won the inaugural award from the Association of National Olympic Committees as the best male athlete at the most recent Summer Olympics.
Rudisha won the 800m at the 2012 London Games in a world record time of 1:40min 91sec.
The award for the top female athlete in London went to Chinese table tennis player Li Xiaoxia, who won the singles gold medal.
The top male athlete from the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi was Norwegian biathlete Ole Einar Bjorndalen, who won two gold medals to take his career tally to eight.
The top female athlete from Sochi was Dutch speedskater Ireen Wust, who won two gold medals and three silver.