- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
SA women’s indoor side named for Canada
- Updated: October 17, 2014
The South Africa women’s indoor hockey team has been named to take part in a Four Nations tournament in Toronto, Canada from 3-7 December.
SA women’s indoor coach Lennie Botha said Friday that the other teams taking part are Canada, Argentina and the USA.
‘We will play two warm-up games before the Four Nations, which is a round-robin format with playoffs that see one playing two and three playing four,’ said Botha.
‘This is not necessarily the team that will represent South Africa at the Indoor World Cup next year, the Indoor World Cup side will be finalised soon after this team returns from Canada.’
The 2015 Indoor World Cup takes place in Leipzig, Germany from 28 January to 8 February.
Botha said the Four Nations in Canada was an exciting opportunity as never before has a South Africa national women’s indoor side had the opportunity to play in a series overseas in preparation for an Indoor World Cup.
‘We are very grateful to Spar for their support; if it wasn’t for their assistance this tour would not have been possible.’
SA WOMEN’S INDOOR HOCKEY TEAM
Amy Greaves, Celia Evans, Cindy Hack (capt), Eloise Walters, Faye Cooper, Jessica O’Connor, Kara Stella, Kelly Madsen, Shelley Freyer, Taryn de Winnaar (vice-capt), Tracy Martens. Coach: Lennie Botha. Manager: Emma Bray. Video analyst: TJ Smith.
Picture of Kelly Madsen by Stansislas Brochier