- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
SA women’s indoor side named for Canada
- Updated: October 17, 2014
The South Africa women’s indoor hockey team has been named to take part in a Four Nations tournament in Toronto, Canada from 3-7 December.
SA women’s indoor coach Lennie Botha said Friday that the other teams taking part are Canada, Argentina and the USA.
‘We will play two warm-up games before the Four Nations, which is a round-robin format with playoffs that see one playing two and three playing four,’ said Botha.
‘This is not necessarily the team that will represent South Africa at the Indoor World Cup next year, the Indoor World Cup side will be finalised soon after this team returns from Canada.’
The 2015 Indoor World Cup takes place in Leipzig, Germany from 28 January to 8 February.
Botha said the Four Nations in Canada was an exciting opportunity as never before has a South Africa national women’s indoor side had the opportunity to play in a series overseas in preparation for an Indoor World Cup.
‘We are very grateful to Spar for their support; if it wasn’t for their assistance this tour would not have been possible.’
SA WOMEN’S INDOOR HOCKEY TEAM
Amy Greaves, Celia Evans, Cindy Hack (capt), Eloise Walters, Faye Cooper, Jessica O’Connor, Kara Stella, Kelly Madsen, Shelley Freyer, Taryn de Winnaar (vice-capt), Tracy Martens. Coach: Lennie Botha. Manager: Emma Bray. Video analyst: TJ Smith.
Picture of Kelly Madsen by Stansislas Brochier