- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
SA women’s indoor side named for Canada
- Updated: October 17, 2014
The South Africa women’s indoor hockey team has been named to take part in a Four Nations tournament in Toronto, Canada from 3-7 December.
SA women’s indoor coach Lennie Botha said Friday that the other teams taking part are Canada, Argentina and the USA.
‘We will play two warm-up games before the Four Nations, which is a round-robin format with playoffs that see one playing two and three playing four,’ said Botha.
‘This is not necessarily the team that will represent South Africa at the Indoor World Cup next year, the Indoor World Cup side will be finalised soon after this team returns from Canada.’
The 2015 Indoor World Cup takes place in Leipzig, Germany from 28 January to 8 February.
Botha said the Four Nations in Canada was an exciting opportunity as never before has a South Africa national women’s indoor side had the opportunity to play in a series overseas in preparation for an Indoor World Cup.
‘We are very grateful to Spar for their support; if it wasn’t for their assistance this tour would not have been possible.’
SA WOMEN’S INDOOR HOCKEY TEAM
Amy Greaves, Celia Evans, Cindy Hack (capt), Eloise Walters, Faye Cooper, Jessica O’Connor, Kara Stella, Kelly Madsen, Shelley Freyer, Taryn de Winnaar (vice-capt), Tracy Martens. Coach: Lennie Botha. Manager: Emma Bray. Video analyst: TJ Smith.
Picture of Kelly Madsen by Stansislas Brochier