- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
- First IGT Tour win for Arnoldi at Centurion
Young stars of the waves crowned in Eastern Cape
- Updated: October 16, 2014
South Africa’s top junior surfers have been crowned at the 2014 Hurley SA Junior Champs in Jeffreys Bay.
The competition was completed in great waves, offshore wind and sunshine at the iconic Lower Point.
Champions were produced in seven categories.
Provincial team: KwaZulu-Natal Central (Freedom Cup)
Under-17 Boys: Michael Monk (Bor)
U17 Girls: Teal Hogg (KZNC)
U15 Boys: Adin Masencamp (Bol)
U15 Girls: Sophie Bell (KZNC)
U13 Boys: Max Elkington (WP)
U13 Girls: Kai Woolf (EP)
Also, the winners of the U15 and U17 divisions were presented with their national blazers as members of the SA Junior team which will compete in the 2015 ISA World Junior Surfing Championships.
Pictured (left to right) are: Teal Hogg, Adin Masencamp, Michael Monk and Sophie Bell