- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
Young stars of the waves crowned in Eastern Cape
- Updated: October 16, 2014
South Africa’s top junior surfers have been crowned at the 2014 Hurley SA Junior Champs in Jeffreys Bay.
The competition was completed in great waves, offshore wind and sunshine at the iconic Lower Point.
Champions were produced in seven categories.
Provincial team: KwaZulu-Natal Central (Freedom Cup)
Under-17 Boys: Michael Monk (Bor)
U17 Girls: Teal Hogg (KZNC)
U15 Boys: Adin Masencamp (Bol)
U15 Girls: Sophie Bell (KZNC)
U13 Boys: Max Elkington (WP)
U13 Girls: Kai Woolf (EP)
Also, the winners of the U15 and U17 divisions were presented with their national blazers as members of the SA Junior team which will compete in the 2015 ISA World Junior Surfing Championships.
Pictured (left to right) are: Teal Hogg, Adin Masencamp, Michael Monk and Sophie Bell