- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
Young stars of the waves crowned in Eastern Cape
- Updated: October 16, 2014
South Africa’s top junior surfers have been crowned at the 2014 Hurley SA Junior Champs in Jeffreys Bay.
The competition was completed in great waves, offshore wind and sunshine at the iconic Lower Point.
Champions were produced in seven categories.
Provincial team: KwaZulu-Natal Central (Freedom Cup)
Under-17 Boys: Michael Monk (Bor)
U17 Girls: Teal Hogg (KZNC)
U15 Boys: Adin Masencamp (Bol)
U15 Girls: Sophie Bell (KZNC)
U13 Boys: Max Elkington (WP)
U13 Girls: Kai Woolf (EP)
Also, the winners of the U15 and U17 divisions were presented with their national blazers as members of the SA Junior team which will compete in the 2015 ISA World Junior Surfing Championships.
Pictured (left to right) are: Teal Hogg, Adin Masencamp, Michael Monk and Sophie Bell