- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
Young stars of the waves crowned in Eastern Cape
- Updated: October 16, 2014
South Africa’s top junior surfers have been crowned at the 2014 Hurley SA Junior Champs in Jeffreys Bay.
The competition was completed in great waves, offshore wind and sunshine at the iconic Lower Point.
Champions were produced in seven categories.
Provincial team: KwaZulu-Natal Central (Freedom Cup)
Under-17 Boys: Michael Monk (Bor)
U17 Girls: Teal Hogg (KZNC)
U15 Boys: Adin Masencamp (Bol)
U15 Girls: Sophie Bell (KZNC)
U13 Boys: Max Elkington (WP)
U13 Girls: Kai Woolf (EP)
Also, the winners of the U15 and U17 divisions were presented with their national blazers as members of the SA Junior team which will compete in the 2015 ISA World Junior Surfing Championships.
Pictured (left to right) are: Teal Hogg, Adin Masencamp, Michael Monk and Sophie Bell