- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
- SA win three medals on day one of African Championships
- Former stars Radebe and McCarthy help find new Bafana coach
- SA’s Ahlers one shot off as Canter leads on Outeniqua
- Birkett and Solms blast into lead as Dusi gets under way
Young stars of the waves crowned in Eastern Cape
- Updated: October 16, 2014
South Africa’s top junior surfers have been crowned at the 2014 Hurley SA Junior Champs in Jeffreys Bay.
The competition was completed in great waves, offshore wind and sunshine at the iconic Lower Point.
Champions were produced in seven categories.
Provincial team: KwaZulu-Natal Central (Freedom Cup)
Under-17 Boys: Michael Monk (Bor)
U17 Girls: Teal Hogg (KZNC)
U15 Boys: Adin Masencamp (Bol)
U15 Girls: Sophie Bell (KZNC)
U13 Boys: Max Elkington (WP)
U13 Girls: Kai Woolf (EP)
Also, the winners of the U15 and U17 divisions were presented with their national blazers as members of the SA Junior team which will compete in the 2015 ISA World Junior Surfing Championships.
Pictured (left to right) are: Teal Hogg, Adin Masencamp, Michael Monk and Sophie Bell