- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Colyn is best of SA trio at UCI Road World championships
- Updated: September 26, 2014
Cathy Colyn was best of the three South African riders in the junior women’s race at UCI Road World Championships in Ponferrada, Spain on Friday, writes Mark Etheridge.
The Paarl-based youngster ended 69th of 85 finishers on the 72.8-kilometre road race course.
She ended 9min 43sec off the pace as Denmark’s Amalie Dideriksen won in 2:02:59 with the first 18 riders being credited with the same time.
Next best was Michelle Benson in 80th spot (+16:21 behind) and last SA rider home was Monique Gerber in 85th spot (16:34 adrift).
Eight riders failed to reach the finish line in a race that was ridden in temperatures of 10 deg Celsius.