- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
Colyn is best of SA trio at UCI Road World championships
- Updated: September 26, 2014
Cathy Colyn was best of the three South African riders in the junior women’s race at UCI Road World Championships in Ponferrada, Spain on Friday, writes Mark Etheridge.
The Paarl-based youngster ended 69th of 85 finishers on the 72.8-kilometre road race course.
She ended 9min 43sec off the pace as Denmark’s Amalie Dideriksen won in 2:02:59 with the first 18 riders being credited with the same time.
Next best was Michelle Benson in 80th spot (+16:21 behind) and last SA rider home was Monique Gerber in 85th spot (16:34 adrift).
Eight riders failed to reach the finish line in a race that was ridden in temperatures of 10 deg Celsius.