- Luvo leaps to another SA record at championships
- Defending champ Telfer well aware of junior threat
- McGuigan also equals course record at Zim Open
- Fisher fires course record 63 to lead by four in Harare
- Cele looking to do a job for Amajita at World Cup
- Simbine sets the pace with sub-10sec 100m victory
- Indigenous Games to be showcased at Arnold Classic Africa
- Olympian BMX ace Dodd in fine form at NAG series
- Banyana’s Mgcoyi picking up valuable skills in Germany
- Quick-starting Hugo holds one-shot lead in Harare
Colyn is best of SA trio at UCI Road World championships
- Updated: September 26, 2014
Cathy Colyn was best of the three South African riders in the junior women’s race at UCI Road World Championships in Ponferrada, Spain on Friday, writes Mark Etheridge.
The Paarl-based youngster ended 69th of 85 finishers on the 72.8-kilometre road race course.
She ended 9min 43sec off the pace as Denmark’s Amalie Dideriksen won in 2:02:59 with the first 18 riders being credited with the same time.
Next best was Michelle Benson in 80th spot (+16:21 behind) and last SA rider home was Monique Gerber in 85th spot (16:34 adrift).
Eight riders failed to reach the finish line in a race that was ridden in temperatures of 10 deg Celsius.