- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
- Track stars shine as riders pay respect to the late Zaki
- Scorching weather shortens Cape Epic stage but the racing’s still hot
- Sullwald, Fischer seal national elite titles in Aldam
Colyn is best of SA trio at UCI Road World championships
- Updated: September 26, 2014
Cathy Colyn was best of the three South African riders in the junior women’s race at UCI Road World Championships in Ponferrada, Spain on Friday, writes Mark Etheridge.
The Paarl-based youngster ended 69th of 85 finishers on the 72.8-kilometre road race course.
She ended 9min 43sec off the pace as Denmark’s Amalie Dideriksen won in 2:02:59 with the first 18 riders being credited with the same time.
Next best was Michelle Benson in 80th spot (+16:21 behind) and last SA rider home was Monique Gerber in 85th spot (16:34 adrift).
Eight riders failed to reach the finish line in a race that was ridden in temperatures of 10 deg Celsius.