- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
Historic selection milestone for SA bowls
- Updated: September 25, 2014
For the first time yet, three black South African bowlers have been included in the elite BowlsSA Gold Squad of 16 from which Proteas are selected.
They are 2014 Commonwealth Games Trips gold medallist Prince Neluonde, SA Open Singles champion Morgan Muvhango (Sables) and Gauteng’s promising Victor Siphali.
The women’s squad sees the return of Protea Rika Lynn and inclusion of young Roxanne Tingle, 21, of Gauteng.
Brendan Ainley NIB, Gerry Baker JBA, Pierre Breitenbach NWB, Stephan de Jager BOL, Bobby Donnelly JBA, Jason Evans JBA, Rudi Jacobs NFS, Shawn Jansen van Vuuren MPL, Morgan Muvhango SBA, Prince Neluonde JBA, Thinus Oelofse EKB, Wayne Perry JBA, Conrad Potgieter BOR, Wayne Rittmuller PNB, Nick Rusling WPB, Victor Siphali JBA
Tracy-Lee Botha JBA, Sylvia Burns WPB, Elma Davis EDB, Louise Larkin PNB, Rika Lynn SBA, Annelie Mathewson NCB, Tracy Meyeridricks JBA, Geraldine Moodaley NCB, Susan Nel SBA, Nici Neal SBA, Colleen Piketh JBA, Esmé Steyn JBA, Anneke Snyman BOL, Rene Swanepoel WPB, Roxanne Tingle JBA, Bronwyn Webber PNB