- Swiss experience helps Beyers take two track titles
- SA’s developing sailors to battle it out in historic regatta
- Triple boost for Dazel’s women’s sevens side
- SA stars on track for national championships
- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
Team SA in action: Day five
- Updated: August 21, 2014
South Africans in action on day five of the Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing, China on Thursday.
Qualifying: Men’s shot put (Jason van Rooyen), women’s shot put (Yolandi Stander), men’s 100m (Ronald Rakaku)
Men’s individual strokeplay, third and final round: Kyle McClatchie
Pool matches: South Africa vs Netherlands (women), South Africa v Spain (men)
Heats – 100m freestyle (Joshua Steyn), 50m breaststroke (Jarred Crous), women’s 4x100m freestyle, 800m freestyle (Brent Szurdoki).
Finals in evening session.
Air rifle mixed team qualification: Sybrand Laurens and Ivana Babic (Croatia)
Mixed continental team relay finals: Nathan le Roux and Jayme-Sue Vermaas