- Olympic medallist Thompson takes the time to plough back knowledge
- Van Kradenberg shoots her way to gold medal in France
- Shange out to walk his way into the record books
- SA women lead but Belgium bounce back to square hockey series
- Sithole set to seal a spot in the finals of Aussie Open
- Olympian Murray puts in the miles for a bumper 2015 season
- Three goals give SA hockey women victory in third Test
- SA’s top women will be racing all the way to the bank in 2015
- Beneke relishing a second shot at hurdles glory
- Battling Bafana out of AFCON 2015 after fading against Ghana
How Team SA fared: Day 10
- Updated: August 2, 2014
A look at how those athletes in action on day 10 of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow fared on Saturday:
Men’s 1500m final: Johan Cronje finished fourth in 3:39.65, behind Kenyan James Magut, who won gold in 3:39.31. Cronje was in bronze medal territory until the final two strides when pipped on the line by New Zealand’s Nick Willis.
Men’s triple jump final: Khotso Mokoena won the gold medal with a leap of 17.20m, a season’s best and just 0.05cm off his South African record.
Men’s javelin final: Rocco van Rensburg finished sixth with a throw of 76.84m.
Men’s 4x100m relay final: South Africa’s Akani Simbine flew down the final straight to pull his team through to fourth in 38.35. Jamaica broke the Games record with 37.58, followed by England in 38.02 with Trinidad & Tobago third in 38.10.
Men’s play-off, 5th and 6th place: South Africa beat Canada 7-3 to finish fifth on the table.
Women’s play-off, 3rd and 4th place: South Africa went down 5-2 to New Zealand to finish fourth on the table.
Para Power Lifting
Women’s lightweight, Group A: Competing at the Clyde Auditorium, 28-year-old Northern Cape athlete Chantell Stierman ended fourth in her group with a total weight of 82.4kg. Nigeria’s Esther Oyema won gold with a total of 136kg.