- Maiden SA title for all-conquering Kachelhoffer
- Michael leads but Schwartzel lurks in Tshwane
- Pace makes it eight Sunshine Tour triumphs on the trot
- Olivier flies SA flag at Winter Youth Olympics in Norway
- The President’s Voice – Gideon Sam
- Simons leads by two in Cape Town after second round 69
- Impey impresses with a fifth national TT title in KZN
- Harding heads the field in first round of Tshwane Open
- SA’s powerhouse women’s team off to world championships
- Maripa moves into quarter-finals in Rotterdam
Habana released too late for Games
- Updated: July 22, 2014
Springbok wing legend Bryan Habana will not be drafted into Team South Africa’s Rugby Sevens squad for the Commonwealth Games despite being released by his club, Toulon, today.
The Sevens competition will take place in Glasgow on Saturday and Sunday, but Habana, capped 97 times by the Springboks, will miss out as he missed the selection deadline. He had been picked in the original Team South Africa squad, but then excluded due to a decision made by the French league.
The Sevens squad plays three matches on Saturday, against Trinidad & Tobago, the Cook Islands and Kenya, before the knockout matches and medal games on Sunday.