- SA team gain great experience at Para-cycling track championships
- South African Olympic couple expecting their first child in September
- Anaso aces 200m at Texas Relays… but tailwind is too strong
- Best placed SA woman … Conrad takes confidence from Chinese run
- Tristen helps SA battle back to seventh spot in Argentine
- Du Preez gets nod to join Blitzboks in Japan
- Schoeman seals sixth spot at WTS in Auckland
- Meintjes makes it a debut European victory in Italy
- Amajimbos hold African champions Mali to a draw
- Sullwald tastes success after time on the sidelines
Habana released too late for Games
- Updated: July 22, 2014
Springbok wing legend Bryan Habana will not be drafted into Team South Africa’s Rugby Sevens squad for the Commonwealth Games despite being released by his club, Toulon, today.
The Sevens competition will take place in Glasgow on Saturday and Sunday, but Habana, capped 97 times by the Springboks, will miss out as he missed the selection deadline. He had been picked in the original Team South Africa squad, but then excluded due to a decision made by the French league.
The Sevens squad plays three matches on Saturday, against Trinidad & Tobago, the Cook Islands and Kenya, before the knockout matches and medal games on Sunday.