- Continental BMX champs are coming to SA
- Ladies Tour trio close in on LPGA Tour slots
- SA open World Championships campaign against the Swiss
- Banyana skipper’s delight at team’s highest ranking
- Three wins each in France for Cameron and Chad
- SA cyclists look back back at their Olympic experience
- Cape surfers dominate nationals in home waters
- Proteas go down fighting and push Aussies all the way
- Conley’s Rio experience gives her hope for future Olympic success
- SA netballers warm up against NZ A before Quad Series
Habana released too late for Games
- Updated: July 22, 2014
Springbok wing legend Bryan Habana will not be drafted into Team South Africa’s Rugby Sevens squad for the Commonwealth Games despite being released by his club, Toulon, today.
The Sevens competition will take place in Glasgow on Saturday and Sunday, but Habana, capped 97 times by the Springboks, will miss out as he missed the selection deadline. He had been picked in the original Team South Africa squad, but then excluded due to a decision made by the French league.
The Sevens squad plays three matches on Saturday, against Trinidad & Tobago, the Cook Islands and Kenya, before the knockout matches and medal games on Sunday.