- Cummins carries over her good form in Student Games final
- Els and Mohlamonyane come out tops in Soweto
- MTN-Qhubeka riders live to ride another day after huge TDF crash
- Women’s side lose final pool game at Student Games
- SA’s world champions battle to second spot at Henley
- Cummins gives SA reason to cheer at World Student Games
- Klaasen through to third round of mixed doubles at Wimbledon
- MTN-Qhubeka 10th after two stages of TDF
- Bruintjies blasts to new SA 100m sprint record
- SA footballers beat Ukraine at World Student Games
Habana released too late for Games
- Updated: July 22, 2014
Springbok wing legend Bryan Habana will not be drafted into Team South Africa’s Rugby Sevens squad for the Commonwealth Games despite being released by his club, Toulon, today.
The Sevens competition will take place in Glasgow on Saturday and Sunday, but Habana, capped 97 times by the Springboks, will miss out as he missed the selection deadline. He had been picked in the original Team South Africa squad, but then excluded due to a decision made by the French league.
The Sevens squad plays three matches on Saturday, against Trinidad & Tobago, the Cook Islands and Kenya, before the knockout matches and medal games on Sunday.