- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
SASCOC confirm changes to Commonwealth Sevens Side
- Updated: July 16, 2014
SASCOC have confirmed enforced late changes to the rugby sevens squad to compete at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.
Cheslin Kolbe, the Western Province and Stormers speedster, has been withdrawn by Western Province due to a knee injury.
Warren Galant was due to replace Kolbe but was injured at the weekend and will undergo surgery this week. This sees Mark Richards, a member of the gold-medalling SA sevens team at the World Games in Colombia last year, coming in as a late replacement.
This follows the earlier withdrawals of established Springbok 15-man code players, Bryan Habana and Schalk Brits, who were not released by their respective French and English leagues.
The sevens side is part of the more than 150-strong Team South Africa that flew out of OR Tambo International Airport en route to the Commonwealth Games.
The revised squad is: Chris Dry, Kwagga Smith, Frankie Horne, Warren Whiteley, Cornal Hendricks, Kyle Brown, Branco du Preez, Mark Richards, Justin Geduld, Cecil Afrika, Werner Kok and Seabelo Senatla.
The Games begin on 23 July and end on 3 August.