- SA’s developing sailors to battle it out in historic regatta
- Triple boost for Dazel’s women’s sevens side
- SA stars on track for national championships
- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
Sithole into French Open quarter-finals
- Updated: June 27, 2014
Paralympic tennis ace Lucas Sithole is into the quarter-finals of the French Open in Paris.
This after the second seed won his first singles match of the tournament on Thursday.
The KwaZulu-Natal player beat Israeli player Shagra Weinberg 6-3 6-4 to book his place in the quarters.
There he will face seventh seed Antonio Raffaele of Italy on Friday.
Also in action in the quad doubles, Sithole and Australian Alcott defeated fourth-seeded David Buck (US) and Jamie Burdekin (GBR) 6-26-2 in their quarter-final match to also go through to the semi-finals. Sithole and Alcott will play top seeded American duo David Wagner and Greg Hasterok later on Friday.