- Amajita play Mali twice in CAF warm-ups
- Fitzpatrick’s road to Tokyo starts in Dubai
- Rookies Conradie and Spacey chase hard at Ruimsig
- ASA launches new four-meeting track and field series
- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
Sithole into French Open quarter-finals
- Updated: June 27, 2014
Paralympic tennis ace Lucas Sithole is into the quarter-finals of the French Open in Paris.
This after the second seed won his first singles match of the tournament on Thursday.
The KwaZulu-Natal player beat Israeli player Shagra Weinberg 6-3 6-4 to book his place in the quarters.
There he will face seventh seed Antonio Raffaele of Italy on Friday.
Also in action in the quad doubles, Sithole and Australian Alcott defeated fourth-seeded David Buck (US) and Jamie Burdekin (GBR) 6-26-2 in their quarter-final match to also go through to the semi-finals. Sithole and Alcott will play top seeded American duo David Wagner and Greg Hasterok later on Friday.