- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
Sithole into French Open quarter-finals
- Updated: June 27, 2014
Paralympic tennis ace Lucas Sithole is into the quarter-finals of the French Open in Paris.
This after the second seed won his first singles match of the tournament on Thursday.
The KwaZulu-Natal player beat Israeli player Shagra Weinberg 6-3 6-4 to book his place in the quarters.
There he will face seventh seed Antonio Raffaele of Italy on Friday.
Also in action in the quad doubles, Sithole and Australian Alcott defeated fourth-seeded David Buck (US) and Jamie Burdekin (GBR) 6-26-2 in their quarter-final match to also go through to the semi-finals. Sithole and Alcott will play top seeded American duo David Wagner and Greg Hasterok later on Friday.