- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
Sithole into French Open quarter-finals
- Updated: June 27, 2014
Paralympic tennis ace Lucas Sithole is into the quarter-finals of the French Open in Paris.
This after the second seed won his first singles match of the tournament on Thursday.
The KwaZulu-Natal player beat Israeli player Shagra Weinberg 6-3 6-4 to book his place in the quarters.
There he will face seventh seed Antonio Raffaele of Italy on Friday.
Also in action in the quad doubles, Sithole and Australian Alcott defeated fourth-seeded David Buck (US) and Jamie Burdekin (GBR) 6-26-2 in their quarter-final match to also go through to the semi-finals. Sithole and Alcott will play top seeded American duo David Wagner and Greg Hasterok later on Friday.