- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
Sithole into French Open quarter-finals
- Updated: June 27, 2014
Paralympic tennis ace Lucas Sithole is into the quarter-finals of the French Open in Paris.
This after the second seed won his first singles match of the tournament on Thursday.
The KwaZulu-Natal player beat Israeli player Shagra Weinberg 6-3 6-4 to book his place in the quarters.
There he will face seventh seed Antonio Raffaele of Italy on Friday.
Also in action in the quad doubles, Sithole and Australian Alcott defeated fourth-seeded David Buck (US) and Jamie Burdekin (GBR) 6-26-2 in their quarter-final match to also go through to the semi-finals. Sithole and Alcott will play top seeded American duo David Wagner and Greg Hasterok later on Friday.