- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
Johnson rides to fine fourth spot in Belgium
- Updated: June 25, 2014
Three-time Paralympian Philippa Johnson was in action on both her mounts at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
Both Lord Louis and Verdi competed at the CDN Hulsterlo dressage event in Belgium.
“I had both the boys at Hulsterlo,” said Johnson. “Lord Louis competed in the M10, but there were too many mistakes. It is very frustrating that a horse who originally didn’t want to jump a flying change, now just wants to do flying changes. So be careful what you wish for… but it’s a work in progress!”
Lord Louis went on to end up ninth out of a class of 32 horses with a respectable 64.86%.
If Lord Louis was respectable then Johnson’s second ride of the day revved her up all the way. “Verdi was the superstar of the day in the Int1,” she enthused.
“He gave me such a wonderful ride again. But unfortunately there were two big mistakes but that was rider error. For the rest he was brilliant.”
Of the 19 horses, Verdi ended fourth with a score of 67.37%, just 1.5% behind the winning combination.”