- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
Commonwealth bowlers warm up against Western Province
- Updated: June 17, 2014
Our 2014 Commonwealth bowlers will warm-up for Glasgow, Scotland, this weekend when they play strong Western Province representative sides at Constantia Bowling Club, Cape Town.
The action begins from 9am on both Saturday and Sunday morning.
A series of practice matches nationwide are scheduled to take the third ranked men’s side and fifth ranked women’s sides in the world to meet their fans and to gain excellent preparation.
In attendance will be Bowls SA president, Allan Freeman and the SA coaching staff. Spectators are most welcome and refreshments will be available.
Saturday sees trips (two bowls)/pairs (three) in Round One; fours/singles in Round two; trips/pairs Round three); there’ll be one round of play on Sunday morning.┬áTrips/Pairs/Fours,15 ends; singles 21 shots.
Proteas for Glasgow
Men: Singles: Bobby Donnelly; pairs: Baker/Jason Evans; trips: Donnelly/Rudi Jacobs, Prince Neluonde; fours: Baker/Jacobs/Evans/Neluonde.
Women: singles: Colleen Piketh; pairs: Piketh/Tracy-Lee Botha; trips: Susan Nel/ Santjie Steyn/Esm├® Steyn; fours: Nel/Botha/Steyn S/Steyn E.
Head Coach: Theuns Fraser; manager: Jessica Henderson.
WP: Men: Nic Rusling (Edgemead), Neels Kotze (Constantia); Theo van der Walt (Edgemead), Schalk Kotze (Old Oak);
Women:┬á Cheryl Cox (Edgemead), Marina Brink (Gordons Bay), Trish Young (WPCC), Ren├® Swanepoel (Durbanville), Sylvia Burns (Pinelands)