- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
Commonwealth bowlers warm up against Western Province
- Updated: June 17, 2014
Our 2014 Commonwealth bowlers will warm-up for Glasgow, Scotland, this weekend when they play strong Western Province representative sides at Constantia Bowling Club, Cape Town.
The action begins from 9am on both Saturday and Sunday morning.
A series of practice matches nationwide are scheduled to take the third ranked men’s side and fifth ranked women’s sides in the world to meet their fans and to gain excellent preparation.
In attendance will be Bowls SA president, Allan Freeman and the SA coaching staff. Spectators are most welcome and refreshments will be available.
Saturday sees trips (two bowls)/pairs (three) in Round One; fours/singles in Round two; trips/pairs Round three); there’ll be one round of play on Sunday morning.┬áTrips/Pairs/Fours,15 ends; singles 21 shots.
Proteas for Glasgow
Men: Singles: Bobby Donnelly; pairs: Baker/Jason Evans; trips: Donnelly/Rudi Jacobs, Prince Neluonde; fours: Baker/Jacobs/Evans/Neluonde.
Women: singles: Colleen Piketh; pairs: Piketh/Tracy-Lee Botha; trips: Susan Nel/ Santjie Steyn/Esm├® Steyn; fours: Nel/Botha/Steyn S/Steyn E.
Head Coach: Theuns Fraser; manager: Jessica Henderson.
WP: Men: Nic Rusling (Edgemead), Neels Kotze (Constantia); Theo van der Walt (Edgemead), Schalk Kotze (Old Oak);
Women:┬á Cheryl Cox (Edgemead), Marina Brink (Gordons Bay), Trish Young (WPCC), Ren├® Swanepoel (Durbanville), Sylvia Burns (Pinelands)