- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
Commonwealth bowlers warm up against Western Province
- Updated: June 17, 2014
Our 2014 Commonwealth bowlers will warm-up for Glasgow, Scotland, this weekend when they play strong Western Province representative sides at Constantia Bowling Club, Cape Town.
The action begins from 9am on both Saturday and Sunday morning.
A series of practice matches nationwide are scheduled to take the third ranked men’s side and fifth ranked women’s sides in the world to meet their fans and to gain excellent preparation.
In attendance will be Bowls SA president, Allan Freeman and the SA coaching staff. Spectators are most welcome and refreshments will be available.
Saturday sees trips (two bowls)/pairs (three) in Round One; fours/singles in Round two; trips/pairs Round three); there’ll be one round of play on Sunday morning.┬áTrips/Pairs/Fours,15 ends; singles 21 shots.
Proteas for Glasgow
Men: Singles: Bobby Donnelly; pairs: Baker/Jason Evans; trips: Donnelly/Rudi Jacobs, Prince Neluonde; fours: Baker/Jacobs/Evans/Neluonde.
Women: singles: Colleen Piketh; pairs: Piketh/Tracy-Lee Botha; trips: Susan Nel/ Santjie Steyn/Esm├® Steyn; fours: Nel/Botha/Steyn S/Steyn E.
Head Coach: Theuns Fraser; manager: Jessica Henderson.
WP: Men: Nic Rusling (Edgemead), Neels Kotze (Constantia); Theo van der Walt (Edgemead), Schalk Kotze (Old Oak);
Women:┬á Cheryl Cox (Edgemead), Marina Brink (Gordons Bay), Trish Young (WPCC), Ren├® Swanepoel (Durbanville), Sylvia Burns (Pinelands)