- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
More world class gymnastics coming SA’s way
- Updated: June 11, 2014
The 2014 Indo Pacific Championships in Trampoline and Acrobatic Gymnastics and hosted here in South Africa (Sun City) are just 20 days away.
The event, scheduled to take place from 1ÔÇô4 July will soon be up and running with over 200 gymnasts and officials from countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Namibia, Egypt and South Africa.
Official Podium training commences from Friday 30 June, with an opening ceremony kicking off the event on Wednesday morning, 2 July.
The first day of competition will commence after the ceremony.
The event will see three days of competition, showcasing a variety of gymnastics disciplines on each day. Similar to Trampoline World Championship proceedings, qualification rounds will be held on each day, thereafter finals of that day’s events will take place on the same day.
The gymnastics disciplines involved are Individual Trampoline, Synchronized Trampoline, Double Mini, Tumbling and Acrobatic Gymnastics .
With the event taking place during school holidays, all event programme activity will take place during the day. Spectator entry to the Superbowl is free and spectators are urged not miss out on the opportunity to watch this rare event live!