- Lamprecht’s great form continues as he leads at Leopard Creek
- Jobodwana, Gelant shine at Speed Series in Durban
- Temple-Jones hard at work keeping Blitzboks in tip-top shape
- Klaasen bags a fourth ATP World Tour doubles title in the US
- Strauss hoping title defence will spark return to form
- Defending champ Venter makes his SA senior team debut
- Singh shoots Amajita to victory against Cameroon
- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
More world class gymnastics coming SA’s way
- Updated: June 11, 2014
The 2014 Indo Pacific Championships in Trampoline and Acrobatic Gymnastics and hosted here in South Africa (Sun City) are just 20 days away.
The event, scheduled to take place from 1ÔÇô4 July will soon be up and running with over 200 gymnasts and officials from countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Namibia, Egypt and South Africa.
Official Podium training commences from Friday 30 June, with an opening ceremony kicking off the event on Wednesday morning, 2 July.
The first day of competition will commence after the ceremony.
The event will see three days of competition, showcasing a variety of gymnastics disciplines on each day. Similar to Trampoline World Championship proceedings, qualification rounds will be held on each day, thereafter finals of that day’s events will take place on the same day.
The gymnastics disciplines involved are Individual Trampoline, Synchronized Trampoline, Double Mini, Tumbling and Acrobatic Gymnastics .
With the event taking place during school holidays, all event programme activity will take place during the day. Spectator entry to the Superbowl is free and spectators are urged not miss out on the opportunity to watch this rare event live!