- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Banyana up for battle against Botswana
- Updated: June 7, 2014
Sasol Banyana Banyana have completed their preparations and ready for battle ahead of their international friendly match against neighbours Botswana on Saturday afternoon.
The match will be played in Vanderbijlpark and the squad held their final training session ahead of Saturday’s 3pm kick-off.
Head coach Vera Pauw concentrated mainly on tactics in their one-hour training session. ÔÇØWe are looking forward to this match and we can’t wait… we will go full strength at our opponents.
“We have only one injury, defender Amanda Sister failed to recover from her groin injury, but the rest of the players are fit and raring to go,” said Pauw.
ÔÇ£What I would like us to see against Botswana is that we are in full control of the match both defensively and in attack. By that I mean I want to see teamwork, all the players working for each other all over the pitch and I believe if we can get that right we will emerge victorious.ÔÇØ
Her words were echoed by striker Leandra Smeda who was on the score-sheet when South Africa defeated Comoros in the first leg of the 2014 African Women’s Championships qualifier held in that country two weeks ago.
ÔÇ£We played very well against Comoros and I believe we will continue from where we left off when we face Botswana. Yes, tomorrow will not be as easy as it was in Comoros but I am confident we will do well against them.
“Training went very well this week and we put in a lot of work which should give us positive results tomorrow. I also think I will score again,ÔÇØ said Smeda.