- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
SA men’s hockey side get World Cup sponsorship boost
- Updated: May 16, 2014
The South African men’s hockey team have been boosted ahead of the FIH World Cup, starting in Holland later this month, with the news that SuperSport has come on board as an event-sponsor of the side.
The iconic SuperSport logo will feature across the front of the team shirts, a visibility that will be enhanced with SuperSport broadcasting all 76 matches live.
ÔÇ£Corporate South Africa is often blamed for not coming to the party with Olympic sport, so we are delighted to be able to do so,ÔÇØ said Brandon Foot, Acting CEO of SuperSport.
ÔÇ£Hockey presented an excellent proposal and, frankly, we have always been impressed by the team’s ability to punch above their weight internationally. Hopefully this sponsorship takes some pressure off the team and their energies are channeled into producing great results.ÔÇØ
Marissa Langeni, CEO of the SA Hockey Association, said: ÔÇ£We are extremely pleased that SuperSport has decided to partner with SA Hockey in our efforts to get the SA men’s hockey team to the Rabobank Hockey World CupÔÇÄ. Further to sponsoring the team for this event SuperSport will also broadcast all the games to not only the hockey loving South African public but to a number of African countries as well.
ÔÇ£On behalf of the team we would like to thank SuperSport for the opportunity given to our team and for fulfilling some life-long dreams of representing South Africa at the highest level.ÔÇØ
South Africa open their campaign with a tough match against Germany on 1 June.