- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
- Crinums go down again as Fireballs shine
- Hoffman celebrates birthday with Classic victory
- Matriculant Du Toit is joint leader at the Wanderers
- Queen’s Baton Relay gets ever closer to South Africa
SASCOCS condolences to sports heroes
- Updated: May 16, 2014
The South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (SASCOC) express their heartfelt condolences on the passing of former Executive Member of the SA Football Association, Dick Nkuna, who was serving Boxing SA as a manager in the Free State until his death this week.
Nkuna’s involvement in sport dates way back to the 1960s when he played for Madimo FC and Welkom Real Hearts FC. He later held positions of manager and coach of Welkom Real Hearts FC, as a SAFA Executive Member in Welkom from 1995 and went on to serve as President of SAFA Northern Free State.
SASCOC also grieves with the nation on the passing this week of SAFA North West Central President, Malefo Simon Gaboutlwelwe. We will always remember him for his contribution to football.
Said SASCOC CEO Mr Tubby Reddy: As the macro sports body, we mourn the death of such dedicated sports heroes. The sports fraternity has lost two great men and our heartfelt condolences go out to their families, friends and colleagues during this sad moment.