- Banyana replacements named for France friendly
- Local caddie bags big bonus after Storm’s win
- Storm stays calm as he holds off McIlroy to win SA Open
- Productive camp for Banyana ahead of French clash
- Storm hits last round of SA Open with three-stroke lead
- SA athletics already have Tokyo 2020 on their mind
- Storm leads suspended Open as McIlroy suffers setback
- Western Cape gears up for national championships
- Horne and Fisher upstage world No2 at SA Open
- Selepe set to make history at Davis Cup tie
Schoonees cleans up at badminton’s WP Under-19 Open
- Updated: May 14, 2014
National team captain, Anri Schoonees from Boland, dominated badminton’s Western Province Under-19 Open at the weekend, winning three out of three titles.
Young Carmen Haasbroek from Kimberley (still in the Under-15 ranks) impressed friend and foe with her all-round skills at the tournament played in Kenilworth, Cape Town.
This tournament was made all the more special with the participation of players from De La Bat School for the Deaf in Worcester, Boland.
Results of the finals were as follows:
Girls’ Singles: A Schoonees (Bol) bt M-L Vermaak (FS) 21-15 21-15
Boys’ Singles: K Beandt (WP) bt J-H Groeneveldt (Bol) 21-8 21-11
Girls’ doubles: A Schoonees/J Bailey bt M-L Vermaak/L Schoeman 21-15 21-15
Boys’ doubles: K Brandt/S Noone bt R Elliot/A Yaitses (all WP) 21-9 21-16
Mixed Doubles: A Schoonees/P Jacobs (Bol) bt K Brandt/J Bailey (WP) 21-12 12-21 21-16