- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
Schoonees cleans up at badminton’s WP Under-19 Open
- Updated: May 14, 2014
National team captain, Anri Schoonees from Boland, dominated badminton’s Western Province Under-19 Open at the weekend, winning three out of three titles.
Young Carmen Haasbroek from Kimberley (still in the Under-15 ranks) impressed friend and foe with her all-round skills at the tournament played in Kenilworth, Cape Town.
This tournament was made all the more special with the participation of players from De La Bat School for the Deaf in Worcester, Boland.
Results of the finals were as follows:
Girls’ Singles: A Schoonees (Bol) bt M-L Vermaak (FS) 21-15 21-15
Boys’ Singles: K Beandt (WP) bt J-H Groeneveldt (Bol) 21-8 21-11
Girls’ doubles: A Schoonees/J Bailey bt M-L Vermaak/L Schoeman 21-15 21-15
Boys’ doubles: K Brandt/S Noone bt R Elliot/A Yaitses (all WP) 21-9 21-16
Mixed Doubles: A Schoonees/P Jacobs (Bol) bt K Brandt/J Bailey (WP) 21-12 12-21 21-16