- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Mafona, Mann on the move to World Cup in Portugal
- Updated: May 14, 2014
Our top male and female senior gymnasts are away to Portugal for the FIG Aerobic World Cup in Azores, Portugal this weekend.
It was here that Mafona took home four gold medals and Dominique three gold and a silver.
In Portugal both will be looking to gain valuable international experience against a world class field, with this World Cup event being the final World Cup event before the 2014 Aerobic World Championships in Mexico.
Both will be competing in the Individual Category, as well as combining to compete in the Mixed Pair category for the first time at this level.
Says Mafona: ÔÇ£This competition is a one of the most difficult of the FIG World Cup Competitions. My goal is to be in the top five in the Individual Men’s section. In the Mixed Pair section, I’m really looking forward to being on stage with Dominique, as this is our first International competition as a coupleÔÇØ.
This event is the gymnasts’ only international preparation event before for World Championships in Cancun Mexico, from 27-29 June.