I would like to thank SASCOC for a very well organised tour to Botswana where my son competed and we as a family were highly impressed and greatful to SASCOC for all they have done for our athletes. Once again, thank you guys, you make me proud to be a South African. Thanks Guys.
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
Update from Olympic House
- Updated: May 13, 2014
In this latest update we would like to thank all the sporting heroes and heroines who attended the recent dinner at Olympic House.
This special dinner was aimed at expressing our gratitude to the men and women who exhibited such enduring fighting spirit during the days of the struggle in South Africa and fought so long and hard for non-racial sports.
The attendance was indeed impressive and we thank each and everyone who contributed to making this event a success.
Also, a South African team representing 19 sporting codes has been named to compete at the 2nd African Youth Games in Gaborone, Botswana. With just less than two weeks to go, SASCOC is busy making the final touches in preparation of this multi-coded event.
SASCOC will be hosting a farewell dinner for the team early next week. We wish the team success and a safe journey to Gaborone. We also urge the team to show excellent team spirit and to carry the South African flag high as always.