- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Warm welcome for SA cyclists in Malaysia
- Updated: May 9, 2014
Our squad of 14 cyclists have arrived safely in Malaysia for the South East Asian Track Grand Prix series, writes Mark Etheridge.
The series will start on Sunday and end on 16 May.
“Participation in this series will provide South Africa with an opportunity to qualify its Elite track cycling squad for the upcoming Commonwealth Games, and for riders to obtain valuable international racing experience in their quest towards excellence.
“This is a Class 1 UCI event and teams that have entered include riders from Australia, France, Malaysia and Chinese Tapei. The team are looking forward to the racing which commences tomorrow.”
Elites: Evan Carstens, Kellan Gouveris (pictured), Clint Hendricks, HB Kruger, Oupa Maluleke, Maroesjka Matthee, Theuns van der Bank, Morne van Niekerk
Juniors: Joshua Buchel, Stefan de Bod, Kyle de Wet, Graham Ockhuis, Eugene Soule, Waylin Young