- Stings down champs as Jaguars post Brutal record
- Bogey-free Bekker builds four-stroke lead in Lusaka
- National Orders honour for rowing’s ‘Oarsome Foursome’
- Fireballs douse Flames’ challenge in Brutal encounter
- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
Warm welcome for SA cyclists in Malaysia
- Updated: May 9, 2014
Our squad of 14 cyclists have arrived safely in Malaysia for the South East Asian Track Grand Prix series, writes Mark Etheridge.
The series will start on Sunday and end on 16 May.
“Participation in this series will provide South Africa with an opportunity to qualify its Elite track cycling squad for the upcoming Commonwealth Games, and for riders to obtain valuable international racing experience in their quest towards excellence.
“This is a Class 1 UCI event and teams that have entered include riders from Australia, France, Malaysia and Chinese Tapei. The team are looking forward to the racing which commences tomorrow.”
Elites: Evan Carstens, Kellan Gouveris (pictured), Clint Hendricks, HB Kruger, Oupa Maluleke, Maroesjka Matthee, Theuns van der Bank, Morne van Niekerk
Juniors: Joshua Buchel, Stefan de Bod, Kyle de Wet, Graham Ockhuis, Eugene Soule, Waylin Young