- Klaasen bags a fourth ATP World Tour doubles title in the US
- Strauss hoping title defence will spark return to form
- Defending champ Venter makes his SA senior team debut
- Singh shoots Amajita to victory against Cameroon
- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
Warm welcome for SA cyclists in Malaysia
- Updated: May 9, 2014
Our squad of 14 cyclists have arrived safely in Malaysia for the South East Asian Track Grand Prix series, writes Mark Etheridge.
The series will start on Sunday and end on 16 May.
“Participation in this series will provide South Africa with an opportunity to qualify its Elite track cycling squad for the upcoming Commonwealth Games, and for riders to obtain valuable international racing experience in their quest towards excellence.
“This is a Class 1 UCI event and teams that have entered include riders from Australia, France, Malaysia and Chinese Tapei. The team are looking forward to the racing which commences tomorrow.”
Elites: Evan Carstens, Kellan Gouveris (pictured), Clint Hendricks, HB Kruger, Oupa Maluleke, Maroesjka Matthee, Theuns van der Bank, Morne van Niekerk
Juniors: Joshua Buchel, Stefan de Bod, Kyle de Wet, Graham Ockhuis, Eugene Soule, Waylin Young