- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
Warm welcome for SA cyclists in Malaysia
- Updated: May 9, 2014
Our squad of 14 cyclists have arrived safely in Malaysia for the South East Asian Track Grand Prix series, writes Mark Etheridge.
The series will start on Sunday and end on 16 May.
“Participation in this series will provide South Africa with an opportunity to qualify its Elite track cycling squad for the upcoming Commonwealth Games, and for riders to obtain valuable international racing experience in their quest towards excellence.
“This is a Class 1 UCI event and teams that have entered include riders from Australia, France, Malaysia and Chinese Tapei. The team are looking forward to the racing which commences tomorrow.”
Elites: Evan Carstens, Kellan Gouveris (pictured), Clint Hendricks, HB Kruger, Oupa Maluleke, Maroesjka Matthee, Theuns van der Bank, Morne van Niekerk
Juniors: Joshua Buchel, Stefan de Bod, Kyle de Wet, Graham Ockhuis, Eugene Soule, Waylin Young