- Luvo leaps to another SA record at championships
- Defending champ Telfer well aware of junior threat
- McGuigan also equals course record at Zim Open
- Fisher fires course record 63 to lead by four in Harare
- Cele looking to do a job for Amajita at World Cup
- Simbine sets the pace with sub-10sec 100m victory
- Indigenous Games to be showcased at Arnold Classic Africa
- Olympian BMX ace Dodd in fine form at NAG series
- Banyana’s Mgcoyi picking up valuable skills in Germany
- Quick-starting Hugo holds one-shot lead in Harare
Track cyclists ready to roll in Malaysian series
- Updated: May 8, 2014
A team of 14 South African cyclists are getting ready to compete in the South East Asian Track Grand Prix Series in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Starting on Saturday, the series consists of three events (Saturday/Sunday), Tuesday and then next Thursday and Friday.
Participation in these events will provide South Africa with an opportunity to qualify its Elite track cycling squad for the upcoming Commonwealth Games, and for riders to obtain valuable international racing experience.┬áThe team left Johannesburg on Wednesday and is due to return on 17 May.
Racing will take place on the 333.33-metre Kuala Lumpur Velodrome in Cheras.
The team is made up for eight elite and seven junior riders.
The full team is:
Elite: Evan Carstens, Kellan Gouveris, Clint Hendricks, HB Kruger, Oupa Maluleke┬á, Maroesjka Matthee, Theuns van der Bank, Morne van Niekerk
Juniors: Joshua Buchel, Stefan de Bod, Kyle de Wet, Graeme Ockhuis, Eugene Soule, Waylin Young.
Team management: Annerine Wenhold ÔÇô Tour leader, Sheldon Bole ÔÇô Endurance Coach and Mechanic, George Stroebel Jnr ÔÇô Manager, Masseuse and Mechanic