- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
Track cyclists ready to roll in Malaysian series
- Updated: May 8, 2014
A team of 14 South African cyclists are getting ready to compete in the South East Asian Track Grand Prix Series in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Starting on Saturday, the series consists of three events (Saturday/Sunday), Tuesday and then next Thursday and Friday.
Participation in these events will provide South Africa with an opportunity to qualify its Elite track cycling squad for the upcoming Commonwealth Games, and for riders to obtain valuable international racing experience.┬áThe team left Johannesburg on Wednesday and is due to return on 17 May.
Racing will take place on the 333.33-metre Kuala Lumpur Velodrome in Cheras.
The team is made up for eight elite and seven junior riders.
The full team is:
Elite: Evan Carstens, Kellan Gouveris, Clint Hendricks, HB Kruger, Oupa Maluleke┬á, Maroesjka Matthee, Theuns van der Bank, Morne van Niekerk
Juniors: Joshua Buchel, Stefan de Bod, Kyle de Wet, Graeme Ockhuis, Eugene Soule, Waylin Young.
Team management: Annerine Wenhold ÔÇô Tour leader, Sheldon Bole ÔÇô Endurance Coach and Mechanic, George Stroebel Jnr ÔÇô Manager, Masseuse and Mechanic