- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
Track cyclists ready to roll in Malaysian series
- Updated: May 8, 2014
A team of 14 South African cyclists are getting ready to compete in the South East Asian Track Grand Prix Series in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Starting on Saturday, the series consists of three events (Saturday/Sunday), Tuesday and then next Thursday and Friday.
Participation in these events will provide South Africa with an opportunity to qualify its Elite track cycling squad for the upcoming Commonwealth Games, and for riders to obtain valuable international racing experience.┬áThe team left Johannesburg on Wednesday and is due to return on 17 May.
Racing will take place on the 333.33-metre Kuala Lumpur Velodrome in Cheras.
The team is made up for eight elite and seven junior riders.
The full team is:
Elite: Evan Carstens, Kellan Gouveris, Clint Hendricks, HB Kruger, Oupa Maluleke┬á, Maroesjka Matthee, Theuns van der Bank, Morne van Niekerk
Juniors: Joshua Buchel, Stefan de Bod, Kyle de Wet, Graeme Ockhuis, Eugene Soule, Waylin Young.
Team management: Annerine Wenhold ÔÇô Tour leader, Sheldon Bole ÔÇô Endurance Coach and Mechanic, George Stroebel Jnr ÔÇô Manager, Masseuse and Mechanic