- SA’s developing sailors to battle it out in historic regatta
- Triple boost for Dazel’s women’s sevens side
- SA stars on track for national championships
- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
SA womens’ hockey side named for World Cup
- Updated: May 8, 2014
The names of the players who will fly the flag for the Investec South Africa women’s hockey team at the 2014 Hockey World Cup in The Hague, Netherlands later this month have been announced at a farewell for the team.
The players were also presented with their brand new adidas World Cup playing, training and leisure clothing by kit sponsor adidas.
ÔÇ£The South African women’s hockey team wear the Investec name as role models, as athletes and individuals and they complement the brand effectively and with integrity. We put our total support behind the team and share their anticipation, dedication, energy and talent as the World Cup draws closer,ÔÇØ said Janet Larsen, Head of Marketing at Investec South Africa.
The team, pictured here, is unchanged from that which represented South Africa at the Champions Challenge in Scotland, where they won the bronze medal by beating Spain in Glasgow last weekend.
ÔÇ£The Investec South Africa women’s hockey team, ranked 11th in the world, is one of our two flagship teams and as a national body we wish them everything of the best for the World Cup and we know the South African public will be right behind them,ÔÇØ said Marissa Langeni, CEO of the South African Hockey Association.
South Africa women’s hockey team: ÔÇ¿Anelle van Deventer, Lisa Deetlefs, Marcelle Manson, Nicolene Terblanche, Lenise Marais, Marsha Cox (capt), Shelley Russell, Bernie Coston, Tarryn Bright, Dirkie Chamberlain, Celia Evans, Sanani Mangisa, Quanita Bobbs, Illse Davids, Kelly Madsen, Lilian du Plessis, Kathleen Taylor, Sulette Damons.