- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
Hayes ready to go at Brazil Open
- Updated: April 21, 2014
Our group of para-athletes and swimmers are safe and sound in Brazil ahead of their respective competitions this week, writes Mark Etheridge.
The group of 13 (11 athletes and two swimmers) will compete in the II Caixa Loterias Athletics and Swimming Open Championships in Sao Paulo.
Said multiple Paralympic sprint and long jump medallist Ilse Hayes: “We arrived safe in Sao Paulo last night. I’m really excited for the Brazil Open.
“I’m competing in the 100 and 200-metre. It has been a good season so far. I ran a personal best in the 100m at the Nedbank Champs at the end of March so I’m really excited to race this week.
“I feel very privileged to be here and to do what I love and also just want to say thanks to SASCOC for making all of this possible.”