- Dusi seedings up for grabs at Umpetha Challenge
- Honoured Prinsloo looks to make even bigger strides
- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
Hayes ready to go at Brazil Open
- Updated: April 21, 2014
Our group of para-athletes and swimmers are safe and sound in Brazil ahead of their respective competitions this week, writes Mark Etheridge.
The group of 13 (11 athletes and two swimmers) will compete in the II Caixa Loterias Athletics and Swimming Open Championships in Sao Paulo.
Said multiple Paralympic sprint and long jump medallist Ilse Hayes: “We arrived safe in Sao Paulo last night. I’m really excited for the Brazil Open.
“I’m competing in the 100 and 200-metre. It has been a good season so far. I ran a personal best in the 100m at the Nedbank Champs at the end of March so I’m really excited to race this week.
“I feel very privileged to be here and to do what I love and also just want to say thanks to SASCOC for making all of this possible.”