- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
Donnelly downed in World Indoor Bowls quarter-finals
- Updated: April 15, 2014
Commonwealth Games hopeful Bobby Donnelly has missed out on a medal at the World Indoors Bowls Championships being played near Sydney, Australia.
The South African’s brave fight for a medal in the sets-format tournament, ended at the quarter-final stage.
He lost 8-2 7-7 to Australia’s Tony Wood.
It was Wood who also beat Donnelly in the qualification round earlier in the week.
At the weekend Colleen Piketh, another member of South Africa’s provisional Commonwealth Games squad, also missed out on a medal.
Final standings after the round-robin stages:┬áFurman 18 points 16 sets +50 shots; Wood 16, 13, +45; Donnelly 14, 13.5, +52; Booth 14, 12, +27; Hasebe 12, 13.5, 19; Muin 12, 12, +50; Docter 8, 8, -20;┬áTuikiligana 6, 5.5, -46; Rahman 4, 7, -14; Fung 4, 5, -82, Akar 2, 4.5 -81.