- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
Donnelly downed in World Indoor Bowls quarter-finals
- Updated: April 15, 2014
Commonwealth Games hopeful Bobby Donnelly has missed out on a medal at the World Indoors Bowls Championships being played near Sydney, Australia.
The South African’s brave fight for a medal in the sets-format tournament, ended at the quarter-final stage.
He lost 8-2 7-7 to Australia’s Tony Wood.
It was Wood who also beat Donnelly in the qualification round earlier in the week.
At the weekend Colleen Piketh, another member of South Africa’s provisional Commonwealth Games squad, also missed out on a medal.
Final standings after the round-robin stages:┬áFurman 18 points 16 sets +50 shots; Wood 16, 13, +45; Donnelly 14, 13.5, +52; Booth 14, 12, +27; Hasebe 12, 13.5, 19; Muin 12, 12, +50; Docter 8, 8, -20;┬áTuikiligana 6, 5.5, -46; Rahman 4, 7, -14; Fung 4, 5, -82, Akar 2, 4.5 -81.