- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
Donnelly downed in World Indoor Bowls quarter-finals
- Updated: April 15, 2014
Commonwealth Games hopeful Bobby Donnelly has missed out on a medal at the World Indoors Bowls Championships being played near Sydney, Australia.
The South African’s brave fight for a medal in the sets-format tournament, ended at the quarter-final stage.
He lost 8-2 7-7 to Australia’s Tony Wood.
It was Wood who also beat Donnelly in the qualification round earlier in the week.
At the weekend Colleen Piketh, another member of South Africa’s provisional Commonwealth Games squad, also missed out on a medal.
Final standings after the round-robin stages:┬áFurman 18 points 16 sets +50 shots; Wood 16, 13, +45; Donnelly 14, 13.5, +52; Booth 14, 12, +27; Hasebe 12, 13.5, 19; Muin 12, 12, +50; Docter 8, 8, -20;┬áTuikiligana 6, 5.5, -46; Rahman 4, 7, -14; Fung 4, 5, -82, Akar 2, 4.5 -81.