- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
Donnelly downed in World Indoor Bowls quarter-finals
- Updated: April 15, 2014
Commonwealth Games hopeful Bobby Donnelly has missed out on a medal at the World Indoors Bowls Championships being played near Sydney, Australia.
The South African’s brave fight for a medal in the sets-format tournament, ended at the quarter-final stage.
He lost 8-2 7-7 to Australia’s Tony Wood.
It was Wood who also beat Donnelly in the qualification round earlier in the week.
At the weekend Colleen Piketh, another member of South Africa’s provisional Commonwealth Games squad, also missed out on a medal.
Final standings after the round-robin stages:┬áFurman 18 points 16 sets +50 shots; Wood 16, 13, +45; Donnelly 14, 13.5, +52; Booth 14, 12, +27; Hasebe 12, 13.5, 19; Muin 12, 12, +50; Docter 8, 8, -20;┬áTuikiligana 6, 5.5, -46; Rahman 4, 7, -14; Fung 4, 5, -82, Akar 2, 4.5 -81.