- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Donnelly downed in World Indoor Bowls quarter-finals
- Updated: April 15, 2014
Commonwealth Games hopeful Bobby Donnelly has missed out on a medal at the World Indoors Bowls Championships being played near Sydney, Australia.
The South African’s brave fight for a medal in the sets-format tournament, ended at the quarter-final stage.
He lost 8-2 7-7 to Australia’s Tony Wood.
It was Wood who also beat Donnelly in the qualification round earlier in the week.
At the weekend Colleen Piketh, another member of South Africa’s provisional Commonwealth Games squad, also missed out on a medal.
Final standings after the round-robin stages:┬áFurman 18 points 16 sets +50 shots; Wood 16, 13, +45; Donnelly 14, 13.5, +52; Booth 14, 12, +27; Hasebe 12, 13.5, 19; Muin 12, 12, +50; Docter 8, 8, -20;┬áTuikiligana 6, 5.5, -46; Rahman 4, 7, -14; Fung 4, 5, -82, Akar 2, 4.5 -81.