- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
More wins for bowls duo Donnelly and Piketh in Oz
- Updated: April 10, 2014
Two of our Commonwealth Games bowls hopefuls continued with their campaign at the World Indoors Championships in Sydney on Wednesday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Bobby Donnelly and Colleen Piketh had both won their two games on Tuesday and saw plenty of action on Wednesday in the event, being played to a sets format.
Both our players lost one of their games and were victorious in the rest.
Donnelly lost to Aussie Tony Wood 7-9 7-8 but bounced back to beat Malaysia’s Fairul Abd.Muin 10-5 8-8 and then Brunei’s Haji OmarRahman Brunei 6-8 12-6 4-3
The current placings have Donnelly fourth in the standings.
Piketh lost her day’s opening match to Malta’s Carmen Spiteri, going down 15 15-3 2-3,.
But she then beat American Dee McSparran 11-9 11-5, Australian Karen Murphy 10-9 8-6 and Macao’s Nikki Lee 8-10 12-5 7-0. She is now lying second in the placings list.