- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
More wins for bowls duo Donnelly and Piketh in Oz
- Updated: April 10, 2014
Two of our Commonwealth Games bowls hopefuls continued with their campaign at the World Indoors Championships in Sydney on Wednesday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Bobby Donnelly and Colleen Piketh had both won their two games on Tuesday and saw plenty of action on Wednesday in the event, being played to a sets format.
Both our players lost one of their games and were victorious in the rest.
Donnelly lost to Aussie Tony Wood 7-9 7-8 but bounced back to beat Malaysia’s Fairul Abd.Muin 10-5 8-8 and then Brunei’s Haji OmarRahman Brunei 6-8 12-6 4-3
The current placings have Donnelly fourth in the standings.
Piketh lost her day’s opening match to Malta’s Carmen Spiteri, going down 15 15-3 2-3,.
But she then beat American Dee McSparran 11-9 11-5, Australian Karen Murphy 10-9 8-6 and Macao’s Nikki Lee 8-10 12-5 7-0. She is now lying second in the placings list.