- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
More wins for bowls duo Donnelly and Piketh in Oz
- Updated: April 10, 2014
Two of our Commonwealth Games bowls hopefuls continued with their campaign at the World Indoors Championships in Sydney on Wednesday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Bobby Donnelly and Colleen Piketh had both won their two games on Tuesday and saw plenty of action on Wednesday in the event, being played to a sets format.
Both our players lost one of their games and were victorious in the rest.
Donnelly lost to Aussie Tony Wood 7-9 7-8 but bounced back to beat Malaysia’s Fairul Abd.Muin 10-5 8-8 and then Brunei’s Haji OmarRahman Brunei 6-8 12-6 4-3
The current placings have Donnelly fourth in the standings.
Piketh lost her day’s opening match to Malta’s Carmen Spiteri, going down 15 15-3 2-3,.
But she then beat American Dee McSparran 11-9 11-5, Australian Karen Murphy 10-9 8-6 and Macao’s Nikki Lee 8-10 12-5 7-0. She is now lying second in the placings list.