- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
More wins for bowls duo Donnelly and Piketh in Oz
- Updated: April 10, 2014
Two of our Commonwealth Games bowls hopefuls continued with their campaign at the World Indoors Championships in Sydney on Wednesday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Bobby Donnelly and Colleen Piketh had both won their two games on Tuesday and saw plenty of action on Wednesday in the event, being played to a sets format.
Both our players lost one of their games and were victorious in the rest.
Donnelly lost to Aussie Tony Wood 7-9 7-8 but bounced back to beat Malaysia’s Fairul Abd.Muin 10-5 8-8 and then Brunei’s Haji OmarRahman Brunei 6-8 12-6 4-3
The current placings have Donnelly fourth in the standings.
Piketh lost her day’s opening match to Malta’s Carmen Spiteri, going down 15 15-3 2-3,.
But she then beat American Dee McSparran 11-9 11-5, Australian Karen Murphy 10-9 8-6 and Macao’s Nikki Lee 8-10 12-5 7-0. She is now lying second in the placings list.