- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
More wins for bowls duo Donnelly and Piketh in Oz
- Updated: April 10, 2014
Two of our Commonwealth Games bowls hopefuls continued with their campaign at the World Indoors Championships in Sydney on Wednesday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Bobby Donnelly and Colleen Piketh had both won their two games on Tuesday and saw plenty of action on Wednesday in the event, being played to a sets format.
Both our players lost one of their games and were victorious in the rest.
Donnelly lost to Aussie Tony Wood 7-9 7-8 but bounced back to beat Malaysia’s Fairul Abd.Muin 10-5 8-8 and then Brunei’s Haji OmarRahman Brunei 6-8 12-6 4-3
The current placings have Donnelly fourth in the standings.
Piketh lost her day’s opening match to Malta’s Carmen Spiteri, going down 15 15-3 2-3,.
But she then beat American Dee McSparran 11-9 11-5, Australian Karen Murphy 10-9 8-6 and Macao’s Nikki Lee 8-10 12-5 7-0. She is now lying second in the placings list.