- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
Battered and bruised but O’Keeffe makes BMX finals
- Updated: April 9, 2014
South African BMX racer Teagan O’Keeffe had another great weekend of racing at the USA BMX Super Nationals in Dallas, Texas, at the weekend, qualifying for the final rounds on both days ÔÇô and also wiping out in a big crash.
The UCI races had all the top contenders once again, vying for valuable UCI points towards their world ranking. Originally from KwaZulu-Natal and now based in the United States, O’Keeffe progressed to the final rounds on Saturday and Sunday, finishing in seventh and sixth places respectively.
ÔÇ£I had a fun day of racing in freezing cold Dallas,ÔÇØ said O’Keeffe. ÔÇ£I felt great all day but messed up my final ÔÇô it really frustrated me because I could have done so much better. But Sunday is a new day.ÔÇØ
O’Keeffe finished second, third and third in the motos on Saturday, and ended third in the semi-final to go through to the final round. ÔÇ£I did really well on Sunday and then I crashed so hard in the final, that I could barely walk. I feel really disappointed again.ÔÇØ
O’Keeffe now prepares for the UCI Supercross World Cup event in Manchester, UK, on 18-19 April.
Picture: Jerry Landrum/BMXmania.com