- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
SA hockey squad named for Champions Challenge
- Updated: April 7, 2014
A team of 18 players has been named to do battle for South Africa at the Champions Challenge women’s hockey tournament in Glasgow, Scotland later this month.
The tournament will be hosted by the Glasgow National Hockey Centre from 27 April to 4 May.
The Investec SA side is an experience one, led by midfielder Marsha Cox, right.
Jade Mayne was not considered for selection, due to injury.
Picture: Gavin Withers/Plate Pictures
THE SA TEAM
Anelle van Deventer, Sanani Mangisa, Quanita Bobbs, Lisa Deetlefs, Lenise Marais, Marcelle Manson, Shelly Russell, Tarryn Bright, Marsha Cox, Bernie Coston, Kathleen Taylor, Nicolene Terblanche, Illse Davids, Sulette Damons, Celia Evans, Dirkie Chamberlain, Lilian du Plessis, Kelly Madsen. Non-travelling reserves: Candice Manuel, Tanya Britz, Phume Mbande.