- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
SA hockey squad named for Champions Challenge
- Updated: April 7, 2014
A team of 18 players has been named to do battle for South Africa at the Champions Challenge women’s hockey tournament in Glasgow, Scotland later this month.
The tournament will be hosted by the Glasgow National Hockey Centre from 27 April to 4 May.
The Investec SA side is an experience one, led by midfielder Marsha Cox, right.
Jade Mayne was not considered for selection, due to injury.
Picture: Gavin Withers/Plate Pictures
THE SA TEAM
Anelle van Deventer, Sanani Mangisa, Quanita Bobbs, Lisa Deetlefs, Lenise Marais, Marcelle Manson, Shelly Russell, Tarryn Bright, Marsha Cox, Bernie Coston, Kathleen Taylor, Nicolene Terblanche, Illse Davids, Sulette Damons, Celia Evans, Dirkie Chamberlain, Lilian du Plessis, Kelly Madsen. Non-travelling reserves: Candice Manuel, Tanya Britz, Phume Mbande.