- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
Johnson back on track with a third place in Belgium
- Updated: April 3, 2014
Double Beijing Paralympics gold medallist equestrian Philippa Johnson has returned to the competition arena after the winter break, writes Mark Etheridge.
And Belgium-based Johnson, who also competed at the last Paralympics in London, celebrated with a third place.
“I need to start getting back into competition routine and on Sunday we had our first competition of the summer season, the CDN Hulsterlo.
“I took Verdi [she also competes on Lord Louis] and we competed in the Int 1. There were 15 horses in the class. Verdi did a good clean test with a few small mistakes from the rider!
“But we still finished third with 66.57% a little under what we finished with last year but not a bad place to start the year.”