- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Johnson back on track with a third place in Belgium
- Updated: April 3, 2014
Double Beijing Paralympics gold medallist equestrian Philippa Johnson has returned to the competition arena after the winter break, writes Mark Etheridge.
And Belgium-based Johnson, who also competed at the last Paralympics in London, celebrated with a third place.
“I need to start getting back into competition routine and on Sunday we had our first competition of the summer season, the CDN Hulsterlo.
“I took Verdi [she also competes on Lord Louis] and we competed in the Int 1. There were 15 horses in the class. Verdi did a good clean test with a few small mistakes from the rider!
“But we still finished third with 66.57% a little under what we finished with last year but not a bad place to start the year.”