- Swiss experience helps Beyers take two track titles
- SA’s developing sailors to battle it out in historic regatta
- Triple boost for Dazel’s women’s sevens side
- SA stars on track for national championships
- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
Johnson back on track with a third place in Belgium
- Updated: April 3, 2014
Double Beijing Paralympics gold medallist equestrian Philippa Johnson has returned to the competition arena after the winter break, writes Mark Etheridge.
And Belgium-based Johnson, who also competed at the last Paralympics in London, celebrated with a third place.
“I need to start getting back into competition routine and on Sunday we had our first competition of the summer season, the CDN Hulsterlo.
“I took Verdi [she also competes on Lord Louis] and we competed in the Int 1. There were 15 horses in the class. Verdi did a good clean test with a few small mistakes from the rider!
“But we still finished third with 66.57% a little under what we finished with last year but not a bad place to start the year.”