- Dusi seedings up for grabs at Umpetha Challenge
- Honoured Prinsloo looks to make even bigger strides
- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
SASCOC WELCOMES THE CHINESE TAIPEI NATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE TO SOUTH AFRICA
- Updated: March 31, 2014
The South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (SASCOC) together with its stakeholders welcome the Chinese Taipei National Olympic Committee and Tug of War Team who arrive in South Africa for a two-week visit on 31 March 2014.
The visit is centered on an agreement on bilateral cooperation that was signed between SASCOC and Chinese Taipei National Olympic Committee in 2009 and reviewed post London Olympics 2012. Part of this agreement highlights that Chinese Taipei National Olympic Committee shall undertake the exchange of scientific, technical and educational experiences through sport camps, seminars and organisation of friendly competitions.
Says SASCOC CEO: Mr. Tubby Reddy: We as SASCOC extend our warm welcome to the Chinese Taipei National Olympic Committee who have come to take part in friendly competitions with our athletes following SASCOCs successful visit to Chinese Taipei in 2009. We hope this trip is a positive start to contribute collectively as NOCs, to the improvement of the Olympic movement and sports activities in both countries.
This visit avails SASCOC an opportunity to showcase some of South Africas sports facilities and aesthetic nature that makes it a beautiful country. The Chinese Taipei delegates will be visiting the National Training Centre (NTC) in Bloemfontein where they will train, undergo testing and partake in various friendly competitions.
Currently, the South African Junior Table Tennis team is in Chinese Taipei at a training camp, which will provide an excellent opportunity for the team to train with the athletes and coaches of the Chinese Taipei Table Tennis Association.