- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
Young Ambassador gets ready for Nanjing
- Updated: March 12, 2014
The South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (SASCOC) has handed over the appointment letter, certificate and Roadbook to our Young Ambassador, Reabetswe Mpete, who will be representing South Africa at the 2014 Summer Youth Olympic Games (YOG), Nanjing, China in August.
The IOC believes that the role of each YA is central to the success of the YOG and it offers a unique, life-changing experience to all participating athletes.
Along with Team SA Chef de Mission, Vinesh Maharaj, Mpete will be departing for Nanjing this month for a training seminar in preparation for the Youth Olympic Games..