- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
Young Ambassador gets ready for Nanjing
- Updated: March 12, 2014
The South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (SASCOC) has handed over the appointment letter, certificate and Roadbook to our Young Ambassador, Reabetswe Mpete, who will be representing South Africa at the 2014 Summer Youth Olympic Games (YOG), Nanjing, China in August.
The IOC believes that the role of each YA is central to the success of the YOG and it offers a unique, life-changing experience to all participating athletes.
Along with Team SA Chef de Mission, Vinesh Maharaj, Mpete will be departing for Nanjing this month for a training seminar in preparation for the Youth Olympic Games..