- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
- Track stars shine as riders pay respect to the late Zaki
- Scorching weather shortens Cape Epic stage but the racing’s still hot
- Sullwald, Fischer seal national elite titles in Aldam
Young Ambassador gets ready for Nanjing
- Updated: March 12, 2014
The South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (SASCOC) has handed over the appointment letter, certificate and Roadbook to our Young Ambassador, Reabetswe Mpete, who will be representing South Africa at the 2014 Summer Youth Olympic Games (YOG), Nanjing, China in August.
The IOC believes that the role of each YA is central to the success of the YOG and it offers a unique, life-changing experience to all participating athletes.
Along with Team SA Chef de Mission, Vinesh Maharaj, Mpete will be departing for Nanjing this month for a training seminar in preparation for the Youth Olympic Games..