- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
Pasio leads South African team at second Mzansi Tour
- Updated: February 27, 2014
Carl Pasio, husband of current SA road champion Ashleigh, has been named team captain of the South African team to take part in the second annual Mzansi Tour, powered by Cathsseta, on 8-12 April.
The five-day, five-stage event carries a UCI category 2.2 grading and will again host South African and international cycling teams.
Pasio will be joined by Craig Symons, Emile Jacobs, Morne van Niekerk, Wesley Eslick and Chris Jooste.
Due to most of Cycling South Africa’s top clubs being invited by the event to participate, Cycling SA cannot make use of any of these riders for the national team.
As such, the selectors have used this opportunity to invest in the country’s future cyclists by selecting a predominantly Under-23 team. The young riders will use the platform of the highly acclaimed UCI category 2.2 event to race together within a team structure.
The 2014 Mzansi Tour begins with a Prologue in Johannesburg, with Stages 1, 2 and 3 taking place in Free State. The five-day stage race will once again end in Johannesburg.
The team will be managed by Owen Botha. Assistant Manager and soigneur is Brussouw Boshoff. Taking on the role of team mechanic is Casper Bester.