- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
Media accreditation for 2nd African Youth Games 2014
- Updated: February 24, 2014
The media accreditation process is now open for the 2nd African Youth Games to be held from 22-31 May 2014, in Gaborone, Botswana.
The African Youth Games is a continental multi-sport event held every four years to prepare African athletes for the Youth Olympic Games. The inaugural Games were hosted by Rabat, Morocco and the second edition will be in Gaborone, Botswana, encompassing 21 sports, 2500 athletes and 1000 officials.
This edition of the Games will, for some sports and some countries, serve as a continental qualifier for the Youth Olympic Games to be held in Nanjing in August 2014.
To all the media interested in covering these games, kindly find attached the relevant application form.
Please fill it in and attach a clear copy of your passport and I.D document together with one high-resolution electronic colour passport sized picture with the attached specifications.
Please submit all required documents via email to: Jessica@sascoc.co.za
The CLOSING date for all applications is 26 FEBRUARY 2014.
Hi there Charlene .. the team is up on the SASCOC and Road to Rio sites as we speak. Hope it's good news for you! Kind regards. Mark Etheridge
Hi there, I can inform you that SA will not be sending a basketball team to the Youth Games. Thanx for your interest.