- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after excited mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
Media accreditation for 2nd African Youth Games 2014
- Updated: February 24, 2014
The media accreditation process is now open for the 2nd African Youth Games to be held from 22-31 May 2014, in Gaborone, Botswana.
The African Youth Games is a continental multi-sport event held every four years to prepare African athletes for the Youth Olympic Games. The inaugural Games were hosted by Rabat, Morocco and the second edition will be in Gaborone, Botswana, encompassing 21 sports, 2500 athletes and 1000 officials.
This edition of the Games will, for some sports and some countries, serve as a continental qualifier for the Youth Olympic Games to be held in Nanjing in August 2014.
To all the media interested in covering these games, kindly find attached the relevant application form.
Please fill it in and attach a clear copy of your passport and I.D document together with one high-resolution electronic colour passport sized picture with the attached specifications.
Please submit all required documents via email to: [email protected]
The CLOSING date for all applications is 26 FEBRUARY 2014.
Hi there Charlene .. the team is up on the SASCOC and Road to Rio sites as we speak. Hope it's good news for you! Kind regards. Mark Etheridge
Hi there, I can inform you that SA will not be sending a basketball team to the Youth Games. Thanx for your interest.