- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
Injury setback for Paralympian Fourie
- Updated: February 12, 2014
London Paralympian medallist Arnu Fourie has suffered an injury setback, writes Mark Etheridge.
Fourie, who won gold and bronze on the track in London two years ago, medalled in his first indoor event recently, taking bronze in the 100m (T44) dash in Scotland.
The plan was then for him to return to the United Kingdom at the weekend.
“Unfortunately I have some bad news about my race this weekend in Birmingham,” he told Road to Rio 2016.
” I was supposed to fly out tomorrow afternoon and compete on Saturday in my second race for the season but I hurt my hamstring badly last week on the track.
“Scans confirmed that I will unfortunately be out of action for a couple of weeks,” concluded the Stellenbosch based athlete.