- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
Van Dyk powers his way to second win of the week
- Updated: February 9, 2014
Veteran Paralympian Ernst van Dyk has notched his second victory at the SA road championships in Durban, writes Mark Etheridge.
His final victory margin was close on 15 minutes ahead of second spot.
There was also a good race from Cape Town’s Justine Asher. Said coach Ricky Kulsen: “She road very well, catching some of the H2 men who started two minutes ahead ofher. She was very strong!”
The T2 race was another highlight of the day. On this occasion it was Goldie Fuchs who took revenge on Yustin Lintnaar and 2012 Paralympian Gerhard Viljoen who had beaten him in the time trial on Tuesday.
“Gerhard was actually in second spot but crashed within site of the finish line,” said Kulsen.
The C4 race was won by young Dylan da Silva and the C2 by para-triathlete Oswald Kydd. C5 honours went to Dane Wilson while newcomer Craig Ridgard won the C5 category.
The C4 women’s title went to Vicky Scheepers and Beijing Paralympics bronze medallist Gavin Kilpatrick took tandem honours.