- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
Van Dyk powers his way to second win of the week
- Updated: February 9, 2014
Veteran Paralympian Ernst van Dyk has notched his second victory at the SA road championships in Durban, writes Mark Etheridge.
His final victory margin was close on 15 minutes ahead of second spot.
There was also a good race from Cape Town’s Justine Asher. Said coach Ricky Kulsen: “She road very well, catching some of the H2 men who started two minutes ahead ofher. She was very strong!”
The T2 race was another highlight of the day. On this occasion it was Goldie Fuchs who took revenge on Yustin Lintnaar and 2012 Paralympian Gerhard Viljoen who had beaten him in the time trial on Tuesday.
“Gerhard was actually in second spot but crashed within site of the finish line,” said Kulsen.
The C4 race was won by young Dylan da Silva and the C2 by para-triathlete Oswald Kydd. C5 honours went to Dane Wilson while newcomer Craig Ridgard won the C5 category.
The C4 women’s title went to Vicky Scheepers and Beijing Paralympics bronze medallist Gavin Kilpatrick took tandem honours.